Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Naegleria Fowleri from an old/dirty tissue?  (Read 130 times)

Offline lebron34

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Naegleria Fowleri from an old/dirty tissue?
« on: May 14, 2014, 08:13:20 PM »
So I really only have one major fear in life, naegleria fowleri. This fear almost overwhelms me at times and makes it hard to enjoy my life. As an aesthetic bodybuilder who is preparing for a physique contest in the upcoming months, I have been in the gym upwards of 2 hours a day between weights and cardio. Whenever I sweat and get sweat in my nose, I have to drop whatever I'm doing and wipe it off with a tissue before continuing, causing stares from some of my friends. Today, while lifting, I felt the urge to blow my nose and went over to use a tissue. There were no tissues at the desk but an old open box was lying on the floor. Without thinking I blew my nose with the old, dusty, dirty tissue. It instantly freaked me out and almost made me unable to concentrate on the rest of my workout. I was wondering, can I get naegleria fowleri from an old, dusty, dirty tissue? What if someone got the tissue wet then I blew my nose? Also should I be worried when sweat goes into my nose? I'm so sick of this stupid thought about this amoeba. Please reply and help me so I can get over this stupid fear that is slowly ruining my life. Thank you
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anxiousmind77

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Naegleria Fowleri from an old/dirty tissue?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2014, 10:04:52 AM »
Hello, sorry for the late response. First off, I didn't even know what naegleria fowleri was before this post, and quite frankly wish I still didn't know lol! But to answer your question NO I do not think you caught that or developed this naegleria fowleri. And to answer your next question, why would you be worried if sweat got into your nose? I don't see any harm in that. It would probably just be a small amount anyway. Try to relax, stay focused on your contest! Try not to let your anxiety get the best of you. Take care:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline lebron34

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Naegleria Fowleri from an old/dirty tissue?
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »
Yeah I'm trying to stay focused as much as possible! LOL. Sometimes with this naegleria fowleri problem it's a little hard. Do you think I could catch it from Dasani bottled water going up my nose? It happened yesterday, and I'm curious. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share