Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Annoying symptoms  (Read 166 times)

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Annoying symptoms
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:04:55 PM »
So, I've been on my ALS scare for 4 months and almost two weeks. I'm so tired of this constant calf twitching. My skin reminds me of hot water boiling. Most of the twitches I don't feel but can see. Does anyone else twitch in their calfs nonstop basically? I get a few per minute. It's bad when I'm at rest and quite frankly, it sucks. Ice tried b-12 and magnesium pills. Anxiety has never made me have symptoms this long. Must be the real deal...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Annoying symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 06:06:29 PM »
I've*

So the twitching is all over but never stops in my calves.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 08:03:19 PM »
Fellow twitchers, unite!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:24:43 AM »
My skin reminds me of hot water boiling.

Really perfect description! 

Anxiety has never made me have symptoms this long. Must be the real deal...
I'm afraid your reasoning is flawed there.  Anxiety symptoms will last as long as we have anxiety, and then some after.  You're having anxiety over your anxiety symptoms, which is keeping you anxious.  Therefore, it's almost certain anxiety is causing these twitches.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 05:42:05 AM »
If you are on anxiety medications like SSRIs eventually they seem to cause fasciculations in a lot of people, myself included, which is why I am weaning off and I FEEL A MILLION TIMES BETTER! It's normal to get fasciculations for about 10 minutes after exercise. When you get them all day long, it's probably because you are a little dehydrated and need to stretch. Stretching definitely helps. Every day stretch. It is nothing pathological when it's in the calves. It is annoying and you probably will have it for years. The only thing you can do it stretch and avoid things that carry a lot of neurotoxins like eating shrimp, foods with aluminum, big fish like tuna that have a lot of mercury, eating a proper diet (like 6 small meals a day), make sure you get enough electrolytes. I get fasciculations and have had them over a year. I get them in my face, arms, and back. All day long. They are less and less, especially on days when i eat food with no preservatives or added chemicals. If I eat dirty food like shrimp, I twitch nonstop. I have been tested for a lot of things and I am not allergic to anything, negative lymes, normal MRI, so therefore I have benign fasciculation syndrome. It also seems to be common amongst healthy people that exercise and lift weights, which i did for a while. In mice, these receptors wears off for the muscles during periods of heavy excercise and when you exercise and then stop their are different chemicals circulating in your body and when the receptors are worn off they make the muscles twitch because the receptors are worn off. Totally normal.... so if you get twitching it is actually a sign that you are in good health and you probably exercise a lot and have more muscle than fat. It's annoying but it is what it is.
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 05:46:40 AM »
^ also it can be a sign of celiac disease. I doubt i have celiac. There is only a 10 percent chance i have it but I do  not think so. I have a positive small bowel biopsy but negative bloodwork so that means only 10 percent chance, and i tried the gluten free diet, and i didnt notice anything different. So if i were you just for the heck of it, ask your doc to check you for lymes, thyroid function, and celiac panel. Though i strongly believe you will be negative in everything.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »
Livelaughlove, thank you for the time! Do you get twitches all in your calves you can't see? I'm also having back tightness for months when I sit down at work. Also, thyroid is fine and neuro doctor did a basic exam and said I have bfs without any other exams or tests.

Molly- Thank you, you're right!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2014, 08:47:37 PM »
Also did the SSRI cause your twitching?
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 11:53:24 PM »
yes it's looking like the SSRI which was zoloft caused it. I took it at 50 mg once a day for over 13 years and never had a problem until a little over a year ago. I just don't need it. All my problems were related to that stupid pill and now that i am weaning down i feel human again and the strange neurological stuff is all but just about gone. And it was very strange unexplainable stuff. I was diagnosed with advanced sleep phase disorder (which only senior citizens get but i am young in my 30s and healthy) and would never dream... now i dream again and what a great feeling! A lot of times on zoloft my mouth would not move right and i would have difficulty speaking and that is gone. I still have fasiculations but they are nowhere near as bad. I have never had them in my calves but i know a lot of people usually get them there. For me, it was biceps, back, and my face... the area around my mouth would twitch and my forehead and my cheek. Zoloft has also been related to lymphocytic colitis of the large intestine. I have lymphocytic small bowel which was prob from zoloft. I actually can have a real good hard laugh at things. I feel more enlightened off it. I think i was one of those people that was mistakenly prescribed something that docs know nothing about. I see this all the time because i work in healthcare. I just do not agree with the over prescribing of these type meds to people and no maintenance to see how they are doing while on stuff. Oh, i had palpitations for one month straight and that went away as well. I think the serotonin from the zoloft was causing a reallly bad reaction in me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 04:24:43 PM »
Amazing how the body respond to different things..
Bookmark and Share

Tags: