Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Difficulty Walking/Leg Wobbliness  (Read 266 times)

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
  • Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Strength is in the eye of the beholder.
    • Poke This Member
Difficulty Walking/Leg Wobbliness
« on: May 14, 2014, 06:01:20 PM »
As of the past couple of weeks, my walking has been feeling odd. Sometimes when I walk, my legs will feel like they are light and almost floating and it will become hard for me to walk without falling down. I'll feel like I'm about to fall. I don't feel lightheaded with it, I just feel like my legs will give out. They spasm and squeeze and feel weak. Sometimes, parts of my legs will feel like they are "crying", so to speak, there's no other way to describe it. I'm scared because so far, I have no idea what the hell this is. It usually goes on in my calf to the middle of my knee, sometimes throughout my leg. It makes me have to sit down [and sometimes I get leg pain sitting down]! Anyone deal with any thing like this?
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Difficulty Walking/Leg Wobbliness
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:51:24 PM »
Anyone?
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.
"I would recommend that you lay off the Google crack pipe for a little while."- vardnas

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 03:02:09 AM »
This CAN happen with anxiety. It happened to me about 3 weeks ago. DO NOT GOOGLE THIS. DO NOT. If it persists, see your GP. DO. NOT. GOOGLE. IT. Don't make the mistake I made.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 05:33:02 AM »
I went through a period where my legs would go weak and wobbly for absolutely no reason, even though I felt totally fine, wasn't having HA at the time, etc.  Though that started it up a bit!  Anyway, it stuck around for a while, then went away.  *shrug*  No idea what it was, but it didn't kill me.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 06:13:06 AM »
I've been having leg issues lately too!  (along with other issues that I finally talked to the doctor about and of course I'm doubting again!) but my legs sometimes feel "stiff" - feels like my whole lower back is stiff and I feel like I'm walking like Frankenstein.  I'm NOT, I asked my friend if I'm walking funny and she laughed and said, "No!"  OR they'll get REAL weak, the kind of weakness you get when you get a sudden horrible fright (like if someone ran out in front of your car) sometimes the weakness extends all the way to the chest.  I got like that yesterday shopping in Sears and I went into a dressing room to sit down and do deep breathing - THAT is adrenaline surge, so it's anxiety. (is that the kind of weakness you get?)
Bookmark and Share

Offline theelt712

• Queen Cardiochondria
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 07:15:21 PM »
Sunlover, no, that is not the kind of weakness. It feels almost like my leg is stiff, and it will spasm/tense out and movement will feel weird. I'll also get sharp pains right in the middle of my knee cap on and off. The front of my right knee feels like it is hard to walk on because it feels stiff to walk. It wasn't as bad to walk today, but it still feels really horribly.
Bookmark and Share
Queen Cardiochondria.

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 05:58:21 AM »
Sunlover, no, that is not the kind of weakness. It feels almost like my leg is stiff, and it will spasm/tense out and movement will feel weird. I'll also get sharp pains right in the middle of my knee cap on and off. The front of my right knee feels like it is hard to walk on because it feels stiff to walk. It wasn't as bad to walk today, but it still feels really horribly.

Could be a lower back issue, a strain.  The sciatic nerve can affect any part of the leg from the butt on down to the ankle.  (My friend has tingling in her calf all the time for 3 weeks and her physical therapist told her it's her sciatic nerve)  The nerve could cause tingling, numbness or pain - and the pain could in turn make the muscles in the area spasm, thus making the leg feel stiff.   
Bookmark and Share

Tags: