Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else get this with their headaches?  (Read 147 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else get this with their headaches?
« on: May 14, 2014, 05:39:42 PM »
I get headaches almost every day to every other day. I've noticed that when u go from sitting down to a standing up position my headache gets worse for a minute or two and then levels off. I'm even more worried about a brain tumor after reading about this online. Does this happen to anyone else?
Bookmark and Share

Offline JunoX

• No One Rules If No One Obeys
  • Rec's: 17
  • Mood: Grumpy
    Grumpy
  • Where the mind goes, the body follows.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else get this with their headaches?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 07:19:03 PM »
This is normal for headaches. Headaches are caused by slight variations in the blood flow of the arteries in your head and they aggravate the nerves causing pain. When you stand up or sit down, blood increases and decreases from your head making the pain worse. I get this all of the time with my migraines. I even experience vision changes when I stand up suddenly or rise from a sitting position and I have a migraine. Its normal and have no idea why they would link this to a brain tumor symptom since brain tumor symptoms are way more serious than this.
Bookmark and Share
The woods are lovely, dark and deep. 
But I have promises to keep, 
And miles to go before I sleep, 
And miles to go before I sleep.
~Robert Frost

Offline jwall378

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 07:36:05 PM »
This is normal for me when I get headaches as well. If I get up, or bend over, it gets worse for a few moments.
Bookmark and Share
The more we think about things, the worse they get.

"Don't worry, about a thing. 'Cause every little thing's gonna be alright"-Bob Marley

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »
It sometimes even happens when I don't have an existing headache. I can be sitting down watching TV or on the computer, and when I stand up to walk to the kitchen, lets say, then right when I stand up my head throbs with pain for 30 seconds - 1 minute. Normal?
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 07:23:17 AM »
I get this too. I have headaches almost every day,. very annoying. Went to the neuro got MRI all clear. I got trigger points injections in neck and shoulder and my headaches disappear for almost 2 months. They are back now but so it's my tension in neck and shoulders.
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline famv5

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 08:55:28 AM »
I also have headaches just about every day.  Usually, I notice them first thing when I wake up in the morning.  I think many times it's due to dehydration.  Also, when you take medicine for a headache, it can many times cause rebound headaches. 

I get migraines with auras and the only thing that helps me is Excedrin Migraine.  However, I had a neurologist tell me once that sometimes the migraine will come on because my body is craving the Excedrin.  Almost like an addiction.  Once I take it, the migraine subsides because my body got what it was craving. 

Unfortunately, that's the only thing that helps me so I still take it.

I, also get the throbbing/dizzy feeling when I go from sitting to standing or bending over.  I think that is completely normal.  Some days seem worse than others but I don't really think about it.

Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 11:01:29 AM »
Thanks guys. I have a neurologist appointment on June 11th. So far away. I am going to request they do an in office neuro exam and request an MRI. I hope the doctor won't think I need one, but will order one anyway to put my mind at ease. In reality, if a brain tumor is ruled out by MRI, I will believe it, and move onto the next worry  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: