Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Diet Change ....  (Read 389 times)

Offline LotusFish

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 07:18:12 PM »
I agree with this. It takes quite a bit of time for your body to adjust.

I think your stomach pain is probably from gas still. Changing your diet that drastically that fast will probably do that! Maybe ease off a little with the fruits & veggies -- just a little -- and slowly increase them again? I'm not an expert, but I would say that changing your diet like you did, the gas could probably last several weeks until your body fully adjusts. It's a huge change & it takes time.

I've been a vegetarian for almost 20 years & there are still certain foods that trigger stomach issues for me (gas mostly). It really depends on how your system handles things, I think. I hope you feel better!
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 08:07:31 PM »
Specifically what fruits and vegetables? Some are higher in fructans, some in polyols... Also fruit is sugar (natural fructose) and increasing fiber too fast will cause gas and bloat. Then there is also the cruciferous factor... Are you cooking them, are they canned or fresh, or do you eat them raw? What do you add to them?
Bookmark and Share

Offline livelaughlove

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 08:09:46 PM »
Sounds like you have FODMAP intolerances. Watermelon is a big no no. So are apples, garlic, onions, artichokes.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 08:41:55 AM »
Most of what I eat (veggies) are raw. I was eating lots of carrots, celery, bell peppers, mushrooms. I was also eating a large salad as well with lots of tomatoes. Fruits .. mainly raspberries, strawberries, pineapple and watermelon.

I am feeling better today, but still not 100% ... more like 95%.

You need to understand that I went from barely ever eating any vegetables and fruits to a veggie/fruit only diet. After 2 days I started getting my stomach pain. Anymore comments would be greatly appreciated !
Bookmark and Share

Offline JenBNimble

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »
I'm not too familiar with it, but I know there are people who swear by a low FODMAP diet for digestion issues. There's tons of info online about what foods to avoid. You can always try cutting out these foods to see if it makes any difference. I would also suggest lightly cooking your veggies. It seems to make them a little easier to digest.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2014, 09:56:45 AM »
The worse part about all this is that every single time something odd happens to my body I always dwell on it for days/weeks afterwards. I sometimes think I actually make myself believe I still have pain when I don't. I got this pain yesterday morning and on/off throughout the day. This morning I woke up feeling fine BUT OF COURSE I started to analyze and ask myself ... "is the pain still there ... yeah sort of still is ... no actually maybe it isn't" /// Right now I still feel my stomach isn't 100% ... it just feels off but I don't have the horrible pain anymore. Anyone else do that ? The norm would be to get a pain, shrug it off once the pain is gone and move on .... but i cant do that !!!

3 months ago i had this nausea feeling for about 1 hour. It went away but the next day I started getting scared I would get it again and low and behold I started to get nausea on/off for about 2 months before it finally went away. Now I am stressed on this stomach thing and what a coincidence that my nausea isn't a problem anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2014, 03:45:02 PM »
Anyone else ????? Please ....
Bookmark and Share

Tags: