Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Diet Change ....  (Read 596 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline crosbie87

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Diet Change ....
« on: May 14, 2014, 01:52:08 PM »
Hello everyone. I recently decided I am going to lose a lot of weight and get healthy. I started eating a lot of veggies and some fruit throughout the day. Since then (I started on Monday), I have had a bloating feeling and lots of gas. Is this normal ? is my system acting like this because of the change of good all of a sudden ? Anyone else experience this when trying a veggie/fruit diet ? I barely used to veggies/fruits.
Bookmark and Share

Offline LotusFish

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 90
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 1
  • Gender: Female
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 01:58:44 PM »
I have found that when I eat more veggies, I do get really gassy. I think it varies by person but I don't think it's anything to worry about.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 2035
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 27
  • Gender: Female
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:05:25 PM »
YES!!  My diet consists of cake, candy, ice cream and cookies (60%) the other 40% is meat and potatoes (and Burger King, McDonalds, etc)...   if I eat fruit I get all messed up! Same as you - bloating and gas!  I think it's what your body is used to.  People who eat healthy get messed up if they eat junk and vice versa.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:52:16 PM »
okay ... well shouldn't my body get used to it at one point ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline LotusFish

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 90
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 1
  • Gender: Female
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 03:05:53 PM »
I'm sure it will at some point but I imagine that it will take a several weeks.

okay ... well shouldn't my body get used to it at one point ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 03:11:22 PM »
Go figure .. my stomach feels better when I eat a cheeseburger than a salad LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline JenBNimble

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 72
  • Country: 00
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Female
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 03:20:12 PM »
I think this is a pretty common problem. Certain high-fiber foods have an indigestible sugar, which bacteria in your colon then feeds on, producing gas in the process. You can try getting more probiotics either through a supplement or fermented foods like yogurt, kefir, etc, to help increase the population of friendly bacteria in your gut. I think the health benefits of all those fruits and veggies are worth it to figure out a way to eat them comfortably!
Bookmark and Share

Offline crosbie87

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 03:37:09 PM »
Thanks Jen. I completely agree however I am hoping that my stomach will get used to it eventually. Logically that would make sense right ? I just didn't expect a reaction like this to veggies and fruits. The gas isn't too bad, but it's causing some slight discomfort and full (bloating) feeling in my lower stomach. Anyone else experience this and saw it improved over time ???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 205
  • Country: us
  • Rec's: 1
  • Gender: Male
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 04:41:37 PM »
Yes, your body will usually react differently to a new diet/foods. I went on both a gluten free and sugar free diet last month and it definitely made my body feel weird for a couple days. It takes some time to adjust.
Bookmark and Share
Generally afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline crosbie87

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Rec's: 0
  • Gender: Male
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Diet Change ....
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 10:43:11 AM »
Little update. Woke up this morning with a really achey stomach. My upper mid abdominal area fealty sore. Is this the stomach area ? I'm now starting to feel afraid to eat veggies and fruits if it's going to cause me harm. Pain went away a few hours after I woke up
Bookmark and Share

Tags: