Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Pancreas fears and blood sugar  (Read 448 times)

Offline roulolox

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Pancreas fears and blood sugar
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 12:20:48 PM »
I have read a lot this week end :-(
And read that impaired glucose intolerance (which I might have) is a potential screening tool for PC. Of course not everyone with prediabetes will get a full screening: Many get prediabetes and PC is not so common. Plus IRM, CT or EUS might not see small tumors (which could lead to prediabetes). For the first time of my life I am really really scared.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mikran

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 01:57:55 PM »
Thanks  for the reply. But  I am still super scared.

Since I'm scared of pancreatic c myself I can relate to your fears, but you have to ask yourself (as I did) if your concerns really are in proportion to the actual risk? Although the risk rises with age, the odds at getting the disease in your early 40s is still astronomically small at about 0.004%. The lifetime risk of getting pancreatic c is calculated at 0.5-1.4%, which ought to be compared to the lifetime risk of developing diabetes which is about 30% in the developed world.
Bookmark and Share

Offline roulolox

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 02:15:24 PM »
Thanks. I know the propability is pretty small.
It is just that, for the last year, I have been scared with PC before I did any test. And now my lipase is fluctuating (which I know is not that uncommon) and my blood sugar shows I am prediabetics. These two things pointing to Pancreas.
What I meant is that, for the first time of my life, a good test (MRI) will not ease my mind (cause I am convinced I have something going bad but too small to be detected).
I see my gastro this week and will tell him about my fears (meanwhile I will trash my glucometer: I am so scared to use it).
Again thanks everyone for your support !!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2014, 02:51:22 PM »
Thanks. I know the propability is pretty small.
It is just that, for the last year, I have been scared with PC before I did any test. And now my lipase is fluctuating (which I know is not that uncommon) and my blood sugar shows I am prediabetics. These two things pointing to Pancreas.
What I meant is that, for the first time of my life, a good test (MRI) will not ease my mind (cause I am convinced I have something going bad but too small to be detected).
I see my gastro this week and will tell him about my fears (meanwhile I will trash my glucometer: I am so scared to use it).
Again thanks everyone for your support !!!!

My last A1C was a 5.3 and I eat ALOT!!!!!  of sweets while my sister doesn't and hers was a 5.2. I VERY afraid of PC though becuz my stools have an off smell for about 5months. It smells very cheesy or sour like but the smell isn't strong, but Im not sure if that is considered "foul smelling".

Also I have had bouts of yellow frothy stools when eating lots of carbs and sugar, but now I've been having larged bulky stools that have so much volume it's hard to flush and it hardly smells but still has a slight cheesy sour odoar.

Im not sure if the antibiotics caused this as well but my left back hurts for 7months as well and tennis ball has helped stop 90% of the pain but i still feel some kinks.

I've never been this afraid in my life
Bookmark and Share