Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone have migraine with aura  (Read 210 times)

Offline Artman9865

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone have migraine with aura
« on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:56 PM »
I get migraines with aura and before my head hurts I can'tsee like when I look at a pperson's face it'sblack I have had tthesesince I was a kid and ddidn't figure out what they were until a few years ago . My question is how long does the aura usually last for other ppl and does anyone have panic aattacks when they get theaura because you ccan't see? I have panic attacks as soon as my vision gets funny and then I ccan'tsee for sometimes 20 to 30 mins and tthen my eyes hurtreally bad after. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone have migraine with aura
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:08 PM »
Mine manifest in a different way, but yes I get them too. I usually see flashing lights with my aura and sometimes my pupils will go slightly uneven. Had an MRI, everything looked fine. You should try excedrin for migraines when you feel the onset of your symptoms coming on. It helps me out a lot.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »
Make sure you're not allergic to NSAIDs though as it contains aspirin.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Dayvid

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 05:50:43 PM »
20 - 30 minutes before a migraine hits is pretty normal. They aren't fun but cause no immediate danger, so don't worry. Just try tackle them (although, like me, you may find it impossible to find a cause and solution)

How often do you get them?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 07:22:45 PM »
For me it can last anywhere from a few minutes to half an hour.  It goes away faster for me if I cover my eyes and be in darkness.  Not sure if that makes a difference really or just feels like it does, though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 09:24:52 PM »
My aura manifests in blurred vision.  It's like little circles that are moving around in both eyes. It lasts for 15-30 minutes and it freaks me out more than the actual migraine.  Even though I've had these for 18 years (and actually been diagnosed with migraines by a neurologist), I get mini panic attacks with completely unrealistic thoughts of my vision getting stuck like that :spineyes:.
Bookmark and Share

Offline susan828

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2014, 10:36:30 PM »
Mine start out with a tiny visual disturbance, like if I am reading, I don't see one letter. Then the silver zigzags start in the outer corner of both eyes. The spots get worse for about 20 minutes and then it starts to go away. I also go to a dark spot if possible and lie down or just close my eyes. I had my first one in college during a final exam and most when I am under stress, if not all. 

I had one 2 months ago on a first date with a guy and had to leave the restaurant, he thought I am crazy probably but I couldn't stand the light and wanted to go outside and sit in the park where it was dark. I wanted to leave while I could still see clearly. I have had these now for almost 50 years and nothing worse developed. They say smart people get them, lol. As long as you know they go away and they always do. Don't get scared by them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 04:54:54 PM »
I have the same type of aura as Susan828.  They last about 15 minutes or so and I immediately take an Excedrin Migraine the minute I sense one starting and it will stop the migraine immediately.  I could not live without Excedrin.

I, too, just close my eyes when the aura begins, take the Excedrin and just keep them closed for about ten minutes or so.  Once the aura stops, the headache never happens thanks to the Excedrin. 

I am 45 years old and have been having migraines with auras since I was in my teens.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Tags: