Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: breast cancer fear  (Read 118 times)

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
breast cancer fear
« on: May 13, 2014, 09:55:51 AM »
Well I've let myself get into full blown panic. Again. This time it's over breast cancer. I've had an occasional pain in my left breast for a week or so.  Today it feels more than occasional. I think it is happening in both sides but I'm not sure... I know that sounds nuts but I am so focused on it being the left side and I am analyzing everything happening on that side, so I just can't be sure that it's the same type of pain I am noticing on both. It's sort of an achy feeling, like a muscle pain would be, and much of it is, in fact, at the top of my breasts where they meet my chest - where the pectoral muscles are I guess?  I also have some muscle tension in my neck and shoulder on the left side.  Could poor posture and stress cause something like this maybe??

I am going to the gynecologist June 6 for my annual appointment.  I am afraid by then I will be a complete basket case.   Really, I already am by most people's standards!

I guess I am just looking for any words of wisdom or advice.  Intellectually, I know that this is unlikely to be anything worrisome.  I've searched this forum and seen plenty of women say they have breast pain for various reasons.  There's no lump (that I can find anyway) so I'm trying to remember that, too.

I wish I could unlock why this happens to me. Why I get so insane and other people manage their worries with a little more perspective.  I can't figure it out and it's so hard to stop when I don't know why I do this to myself :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mamakinrocks

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: breast cancer fear
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:05:42 AM »
Hello,
I feel your anxiety. I have had episodes, where I experienced shooting pains in one or both breasts. This happened many years ago and I am still fine : ) It is so upsetting and frustrating to focus on a symptom that others wouldn't even notice, and turn it into full-blown panic and fear. I hate that I do the same thing. I have a lumbar MRI today and I have been so nervous about it. I will be very anxiety-ridden, waiting for results. When I think of all the wasted time worrying over the years.......
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »
Thank you!  I wish there was an easy solution to this stupid Health Anxiety!  I swear sometimes it's worse than half the illnesses I'm afraid of.... Good luck with MRI today!  Hope they give you results quick so you don't have to wait!
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisypark777

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:13:08 PM »
I have been in your shoes.  My left breast was painful on and off for a few weeks.  Not like hormonal pain but different.  After a few weeks of panicking and worrying, it went away.  I still dont know what caused it  ::)  I also found no lump or anything else worrisome.   From what I have read, bc is not painful.  Now I am on to ovarian cancer....fun fun  :dazed: 

Daisy
Bookmark and Share

Tags: