Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: My SiL was a recovering addict, now it's Hydrocodone  (Read 256 times)

Offline Myocdragon

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
My SiL was a recovering addict, now it's Hydrocodone
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:06:07 AM »
Hello. I'm hoping someone has some advice. For many years my sister in law was a drug addict, mostly heroin. It was hell on my now wife. But this was in the early to late 90s. She cleaned up and recently got her bachelors and masters degrees and now has a career in social work.

Around 8 months ago a drunk driver smashed into her at a high speed and hurt her relatively badly. She was put on hydrocodone for the pain, despite the fact that she told the docs that she was in recovery etc. Now she's taking 11 or 12 at a time. We just learned about this tonight from her husband. HE said that it's been going on for six months or so, only on the weekends until recently. He told her NA sponsor about it and she's supposedly going to a meeting or a convention this week. But she doesn't want to see her sponsor until she FINISHES her supply. Ugh.

She's a mom, btw.

I don't judge her. I recognize that this is a disease like my OCD. I just want to help her, and my wife really, get through this. She has a great career she loves and a family who loves her.

Does anyone have any advice on what we should do? I'm looking for a local Nar Anon meeting, but there doesn't seem to be any around where we live. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share
I'm not crazy, I've just lost my mind

Tags: