Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Is it too much fiber or something else?  (Read 74 times)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it too much fiber or something else?
« on: May 12, 2014, 10:11:03 PM »
Ok so last night after not sleeping much and having bad anxiety I was reading about IBS and I'm pretty sure I've got it. So today I bought fiber supplements and fiber one bars at the grocery store. I ate one bar and had 2 pills of fiber and later on I got so bloated and nauseous I felt like I was gonna be sick. Was that too much fiber to take in a short period of time? I felt fine when I woke up other than the anxiety and tiredness from lack of sleep. It seemed like it all started when I took the fiber and ate the fiber one.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it too much fiber or something else?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:28:39 PM »
Oh man, Fiber One bars are evil.  I ate one once (and I'm used to a hefty fiber intake) and I thought I was going to fart myself lifeless before it was out of my system.  I have never felt so bloated and sick in my life.  If you're not used to high fiber, you have to start slowly and ease your way in or your body will let you know it isn't happy. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 06:46:40 AM »
Forget things like FiberOne bars - too many things you don't need and too expensive.

If you want to add healthy fiber to your diet, go to the health food store and buy some ground flax seed, psyllum husk and chia seed.  All of these are all natural, LOADED with fiber and must more cost effective on a per pound basis.

If you're not used to eating a high fiber diet, work it in slowly over a couple of weeks and you'll be fine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Busy
    Busy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 07:51:00 AM »
My daughter once ate two fiber one bars and had terrible diarrhea. It is best to get fiber from
your diet, such as nuts, oatmeal, apples, etc.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Tags: