Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anyone else here get tension headaches?  (Read 197 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 5
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anyone else here get tension headaches?
« on: May 12, 2014, 06:08:18 PM »
I get them almost every afternoon. I'm so afraid of a brain tumor! I have an appointment in June to see a neurologist and I'm so afraid they're going to have me get an MRI or tell me that it's likely that I have a tumor. I get a dull ache all over my head - sometimes between the eyes/forehead, but most of the time it's in the back of my head/neck/shoulders. Lasts all day unless I take something for them. So scared!
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anyone else here get tension headaches?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 10:38:02 PM »
Yep.  Every day.  I highly doubt your neurologist will tell you it's likely you have a BT, because it's not likely.  They in general are rare.  Plus, afternoon headaches that are cured with medicine are not red flags of BTs.  Now if only I can take my own advice.  I had more symptoms than you and I had to BEG my neuro for an MRI, which came back negative like she told me it would.
Bookmark and Share

Offline fhestia

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 10:45:33 PM »
I've been getting tension headaches every day for about three weeks, right after my HA ramped up.  The headaches didn't start until AFTER I had a brain CT come back clear, so now I'm convinced my body is just trolling me.  :laugh3:  If they headaches are easily controlled with pain medication then you can most likely attribute them to anxiety.  I know I feel like I've been completely tensed up for a month and I feel it most in my neck, shoulders and head.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 12:51:13 PM »
I have been having almost daily headaches since last August. I went to to a neuro in November thinking I had a brain tumor did an MRI and it was all clean. My neuro told me it was all neck/shoulder tension causing my headaches. He gave my trigger point injections in those points and my headaches went away for almost 2 months, but they came back recently GGRRRR..... I am supposed to get the trigegr injections every 6-8 weeks but my neuro stopped accepting insurance in January and if I go I could pay any where between 250-350 depending of how many trigger points he treats ggggeeeeee. I think I may have to go because I am getting them every 2 days or so again GGRRRRR.... good luck, it's all HA!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline lkk2507

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 04:02:57 PM »
I get them in my temples. My husbands gets migraines so bad that he sees flashes of light, smells peanut butter, and it has even effected his speach or made him sick to his stomach. He has had multiple scan for measure but he just had bad mingraine issues. I explain on that to say that headaches can feel and do some severe things but they are completely benign. I of course can't tell you dont get it checked if you feel its sudden and new to you and should be, but if you are a balled of stress mess like me... yes you will get tension headaches, as well as other bodily muschle tension issues.
Bookmark and Share
God is Good.

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2014, 05:18:05 PM »
about 5 years ago I went on a MAJOR brain tumor freak out for a good 3 months at least.  I googled everything!  So in that time, I learned that brain tumor headaches are worse when you wake up (because the tumor has been causing pressure overnight), and gradually gets better as the day goes on.  That always helps me relax if I let the idea pop into my head again from a mid afternoon headache. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: