Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Oscar Pistorius, who murdered his gf, claims to have GAD  (Read 1270 times)

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 211
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oscar Pistorius, who murdered his gf, claims to have GAD
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2014, 09:28:37 AM »
Any mental health condition would come in handy at about this time for him. He is going to be found guilty. Last ditch effort at getting a much lesser sentence or no prison time at all. The man is clutching at straws. Cold blooded murderer.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 88
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 10:09:32 AM »
You must be that Nel Bulldog's assistant. This not an OJ Simpson. Followed that trial too. He had those dream team defenders and GOT OFF, for God's sake.

This is much more complicated. Try as I may I cannot get a good sense of what transpired. I cannot believe he wanted to kill her. There is an awful lot to tune into today. Must find the time. Like their accents, My Lady.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 11:55:19 AM »
It seems the Judge will rule tomorrow whether she will allow the psych exam in which case we may learn more about GAD.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2014, 01:13:33 PM »
I just think if he is looking to use any kind of mental health issues to try and save himself he picked the wrong one. I seriously don't thing GAD would be considered as an excuse for acting in the way he did. He was violent in the past towards her. There was a history there. I think his defence knows, pardon the big pun, he hasn't got a leg to stand on as far as the outcome is concerned. They need something. So far everything has gone against them. I know he hasn't got OJ's legal team. That was a case never to be forgotten. Different country. Different laws. I don't think they care how well he is known. His story just reeks of guilt. If he does manage to get off with it I will be very surprised. It will be bagged with the OJ trail and a guilty person having gotten away with murder. Nothing would surprise me in this day and age.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2014, 02:22:33 PM »
He was violent towards her? He did not force her to stay at his place. This does send me back to those days with OJ and that team of his. Days watching that circus. He murdered 2 people.

Pistorius' defense couldn't even coach him properly for his time with that prosecutor. He would not be tolerated here. Even if he gets off, the life he carved out for himself is done for anyway. A double tragedy.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2014, 02:54:15 PM »
It does look like they are using the fact that he has GAD as a last ditch effort to explain the reason for why he did what he did.  But, that does not mean GAD can cause someone to come to the point where they can commit murder----we have more control over our choices that that!  We may not be able to control certain aspects of GAD, but choosing right from wrong is still in our control. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline AncientMelody

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2014, 02:56:13 PM »
Let's see....GAD. If I had a gun, the only person who would be at even the slightest risk at any point would be myself. And only when my symptoms are severe does my mind go down that line of thinking. In my most intense anxiety I could not fathom taking a life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2014, 04:51:39 PM »
He was violent towards her? He did not force her to stay at his place. This does send me back to those days with OJ and that team of his. Days watching that circus. He murdered 2 people.

Pistorius' defense couldn't even coach him properly for his time with that prosecutor. He would not be tolerated here. Even if he gets off, the life he carved out for himself is done for anyway. A double tragedy.

How many women stay in abusive relationships? Easy to say she could have left him. He never forced her to stay at his place. I am sure she thought they still had something. Thus she stuck with him. As a lot of abused women do. Only a case of if you want to believe he thought she was a burglar or not? This woman he lived with a knew so well. How someone can claim such a big mistake is the whole thing. That is his defence. Which isn't cutting it with most people out there.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 06:43:13 PM »
Of all possible psych issues for him, GAD is only one possibility. This poor soul had to deal with so much in his very young life as well as later on. Who can even begin to imagine such trauma?

As far as I know, they knew each other only 3 months. Read something that said she was merely staying that night, too tired to drive home. My problem is I am unable to reconstruct a scenario, refusing to buy into Nel's reconstruction. He may well have thought he heard an intruder in the bathroom where a window was open. In his fear, awoken out of sleep, he forgot about R. Grabbed his gun and leaped out of bed. I never detected anything that his possible abusiveness (was he abusive?) went as far as it did. He needs that dream team defense because I do not believe he intentionally killed her. The ultimate culprit here may be the gun and the ready availability of guns. We have a terrible problem with them here.
Bookmark and Share

Offline CarrieAnn

• Rec's: 14
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 08:12:27 PM »
Apparently his life's issues and GAD didn't keep him from being an excellent athlete----which takes a lot of mental determination and strength.  So one has to wonder, if he had the mental fortitude to excel in his sport the way that he did, could he not have the will to overcome his past, then?  He doesn't strike me as a weak person.

Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything