Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Please help.. Thoughts.. Suggestions appreciate.. cold sweats. abdominal pain  (Read 193 times)

Offline Kyhu3

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I am a 30 year old female with an ongoing history of abdominal pain and fatigue. I have had many tests completed including a pelvic scope (my pain is R lower side), ct scan x2, MRI of hip and back, pelvic exam, blood work (numerous), ultrasound and colonoscopy/endoscopy. The pain variates in intensity and seems to come and go for no apparent reason (food/change in position, etc does not change pain). I have developed a new symptom over the past 2 weeks with cold sweats. The sweats start in my back and continue down my spine, sometimes causing me to shiver. When I touch my skin, clothes or hair I would expect them to be wet with sweat however they are not. I often find my self covering up with many blankets to stay warm once this starts. The sweating usually last for several hours.

All the tests listed above were negative. I have high monocytes in my blood work. All other values normal. Gall bladder has been removed.
Please help. Afraid of cancer!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kyhu3

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
anyone?
Please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashanne

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi there,

I can just imagine how much stress the pain and worry has been causing, and I empathize with you. It also sounds like you've gone through quite a number of tests and procedures, which must have also been very difficult. I'm no expert on symptoms, I'm just another health worrier - also often concerned with cancer. I have come to realize that anxiety and stress is even more powerful than I once thought. Seeing as all of those tests were negative, and that it seems like nothing is wrong at least medically speaking, the cold sweats sound like they could be a manifestation of intense anxiety. Of course it could be some underlying physical problem (which I know is the last thing you want to hear), but uncertainty is part of everything we do, and there is no real way to completely rid us of those fears. The continuation of worry and anxiety can definitely impact us in major physical ways, and I wonder if that's what's going on here. I have personally experienced intense physical symptoms as the result of my fear of having a real physical illness, and it is awful, frustrating, and down right scary.

I'm not sure if this response will provide any relief or comfort, but I want you to know that I can definitely understand how you're feeling and I very much hope that you find relief - both physically and emotionally.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Do you get an elevated heart rate or nausea or anything with your cold feeling?  I went through  a period where I'd get chilled sweats, nausea, pounding heart and vision symptoms.  It all disappeared as mysteriously as it came after a while.  Cold sweat is pretty common with anxiety in general though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i have cold sweats alot and im 18 only and had loads off test came back fine its anxiety you are perfectly fine
but iff you are conserend visit your doctor and have a chat but your okay
Bookmark and Share

Tags: