Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Possible hemorrhoid or something more sinister TMI  (Read 266 times)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Possible hemorrhoid or something more sinister TMI
« on: May 12, 2014, 12:37:49 AM »
Hello everyone I haven't been the forums much because my anxiety issues have been pretty good since I've been seeing a psychologist. Anyways a few months ago I started having digestive issues related to my acid reflux and hopefully irritable bowel syndrome. Anyways about 2 months ago while I was going to the bathroom I had a lump in my anus that went away right after I was done. I freaked out and called my doctor immediately who diagnosed it over the phone as a hemorrhoid. After that time I didn't have any more symptoms of a hemorrhoid like blood in the stool or anything. I thought that it went away and mostly forgot about it. About 3 weeks ago during a bowel movement it felt like I couldn't go completely and sure enough the lump on my anus was back but this time it didn't go away after the bowel movement and is still there right now. Since my anxiety was being treated I didn't feel the need to call the doctor. I don't have any blood in my stool and I only have a little pain while going to the bathroom. I've been using preparation h and tucks pads but nothing has made this lump go away. I don't know if this is actually a symptoms but I've noticed that I have been having a lot of gas lately but I'm not constipated because I've been fairly regular. So I googled my symptoms and anal cancer popped up so now I feel like my anxiety and hypochondriasis have gone back to square one. I'm only 25 years old so the chanced of anal cancer are very rare but not impossible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Possible hemorrhoid or something more sinister TMI
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 04:50:35 AM »
I've had a permanent hemorrhoid for so many years I don't remember not having it.  Sometimes they just don't go away.  Not harmful.  Anal cancer is highly, highly unlikely. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Possible hemorrhoid or something more sinister TMI
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 09:22:07 AM »
I can help with this since I've had colon cancer and have read just about everything there is to read for almost 6 years now.
There is colon, rectal and anal cancer.  There's roids and fissures.

After your first experience, the lump did NOT go away. It went back inside.  External roids go back inside most of the time. It most probably was inflamed but not filled with blood. If they are clogged with a clot or dried blood, they will either hang out or have to be gently pushed inside. If they start to throb, you can see the doctor to possibly get some prescription steroid roid cream. Prep H really doesn't help roids.  It coats them and can shrink the skin but roids are varicose veins in the rectal area.

Hot sitz baths, no straining, alleviate any constipation, don't sit on the toilet for a long time and use something like KY Jelly on the roid to help it go back inside.

If you are a homosexual male or a female with multiple partners and HPV you might asked to be checked for anal cancer which usually presents as a sore (ulcer) lump on the anus. This is NOT colon cancer and is highly curable IF you take treatment. Farrah Fawcett had anal cancer but refused certain treatments because she would have lost her hair.

My roids never totally go away. They sometimes burst and then shrink but if I'm not very careful, they can get itchy and painful.   
Bookmark and Share

Tags: