Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I seriously think I have cancer or something seriously wrong. I feel so alone.  (Read 219 times)

Offline dthedaydreamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Firstly, I am an admitted hypochondriac. I have all the tell tale signs of hypochondria. This I understand. But, at this point, I think it's more than just fear. I KNOW something HAS to be wrong. Since February, my health has taken a downturn. First it was extreme anxiety, causing multiple ER and doctor's visits. It's gotten to the point where I am so inactive because I just have no motivation to do ANYTHING.

The Last 1-2 weeks I have been having symptoms that are scaring me beyond any words. I have constant headaches, constantly shaky, constant fear. On top of that, the last week or so my bones/ joints have been aching off and on. It started slowly, but over the last week its gotten constant. My hands are aching on and off constantly. My knees and my feet are as well. But its not only the joints. I feel it in my arms, skull, and shoulders. These pains (on top of feeling completely detached from all reality) are literally driving me to the point of insanity. I don't know how to handle myself anymore. My doctor doesn't even take me seriously. Everything is "just anxiety". It's "all in my head". But all these aches. In my bones none the less, have me convinced otherwise. I have no idea what to do. I'm going crazy and I feel so helpless and alone. I've been talking to a mental health expert and told him about my fear and thoughts that I have a disease. He says I have PTSD (car accident in December), and that my mind is just trying to rationalize and tell me something thats not true (cancer, heart disease). I feel so lost and alone. I don't know how much longer I can continue to go like this.
Bookmark and Share
In mental illness, we are not alone. Speak and you shall be heard.

Peace, Love, and Prosperity to all :)

Offline 7dragonfly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello.  I am sorry that you are going through all this.  First, I would try to get second opinions.  I will tell you though that I have suffered from PTSD, more than once.  Any tramatic event can cause it.  I know what it is like to feel helpless and alone.  I do myself right now.  I had to have my cat euthanized in February, I am a caregiver for my mom, and things are going on with her that are making me scared.  My cat was the glue that held me together.  I cry all the time. I have headaches, nausea, no appetite, I am nervous all the time,( what else is new), tired all the time,  have body aches and pains, pace back and forth ..and it goes on.  I know you feel alone, and for the same reason is why I came here.  I feel bad that you feel this way, because I know it all too well, and it really hurts. It is a vicious cycle.  If you do not believe your doctors, then get more opinions, but after that, if they all agree, then you know what it is.  Do not torture yourself.  I have been doing this for 20 years on and off.  I really hope you get well soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline dthedaydreamer

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bookmark and Share
In mental illness, we are not alone. Speak and you shall be heard.

Peace, Love, and Prosperity to all :)

Offline jayorz128

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Your anxiety is causing extreme stress on your body which is why you having physical symptoms. It sounds like your body is tired probably due to lack of sleep.  When my anxiety goes into overload I have all these physical symptoms which don't help with the anxiety at all.  I went through everything you're going through and I still am. See if your doctor will prescribe you something to calm you down in the short term (xanax, klonopin, etc.) and go see a psychologist who will actually listen to you and give you the appropriate therapy. Once you're able to calm down your physical symptoms will go away.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: