Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Cramping/spasms - Anyone else?  (Read 131 times)

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Cramping/spasms - Anyone else?
« on: May 11, 2014, 06:02:19 PM »
I have been having close to every symptom of anxiety that one can possibly have, but the one thing that actually is somewhat debilitating is an increased tendency to have cramping and spasms. I tend to get them more and more in my right hand, especially when writing and so. I also get them under my feet, quite painful to be honest.

Is anyone else having problems with cramps/spams? Any advice on what one could do to alieviate them?

Also, is anyone else having problems with constant tension in muscles? Same question there; any advice on things that could help?

Bookmark and Share
Actual diagnoses;

- OCD (HA and others)
- GAD
- Major depression
- IBS and Gastritis
- Hemisensory symptoms and somatorform disorder

Self diagnosed with;

Bulbar onset ALS, Limb onset ALS, Young onset Parkinsons disease, MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, muscular dystrophia, and so many more....

Offline KirklandHarris

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Cramping/spasms - Anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 06:15:12 PM »
Lots of times a cramp will happen from too few vitamins of certain types in your diet. Make sure you're getting plenty of potassium, calcium, and magnesium  :winking0008:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rasalhauge

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 06:39:02 PM »
Lots of times a cramp will happen from too few vitamins of certain types in your diet. Make sure you're getting plenty of potassium, calcium, and magnesium  :winking0008:

I actually should have done that already according to my PCP(?), he said that it was a vital part of recovery from severe depression that ended in a total breakdown, I think it is called adrenal burnout in english. According to him adrenal burnout needs to be treated with certain vitamins and minerals in order to heal on a physical level, I even got some prescriptions for B12 and Magnesium (and some other) but I have been convinced that it is just another misdiagnosis so I havenīt even picked them up. I know, itīs super silly and childish, but I just canīt except that there isnīt a neuro disease behind all my symptoms (my OCD gives me a few spare minutes each day though, kind of like vacation).
Bookmark and Share
Actual diagnoses;

- OCD (HA and others)
- GAD
- Major depression
- IBS and Gastritis
- Hemisensory symptoms and somatorform disorder

Self diagnosed with;

Bulbar onset ALS, Limb onset ALS, Young onset Parkinsons disease, MS, Rheumatoid arthritis, muscular dystrophia, and so many more....

Offline mtown67

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2014, 02:53:40 AM »
Hi. I have seen a Neurologist for my legs. My legs involuntarily contract for no reason. It is painful and no muscle relaxers work. I have been put on B12, Magnisem and a couple more. I am sitting here right now and my legs are pulling like crazy. I want to cry it's so bad.

Cramping and spasms can be a symtopm of HA. I have had every test ran and I am fine physically. So the say "It's all in your head" might be true. However the pain is very real. I am in the process of trying the TEA method to see if that helps. Maybe you should give it a try.

I am sorry you are going through this. I wish I could help.

Best wishes
Bookmark and Share

Tags: