Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Beat noise or pulse in ear  (Read 215 times)

Offline Baldrick

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Beat noise or pulse in ear
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:28:16 PM »
So lately I've had this really annoying beat or pulse in my left ear. It's not constant it can go away for few minutes, hours tops. I'm worried about it being my heartbeat, but then it would be more constant, no? Anyone know what I'm getting at? Kinda like nothing is happening and then all of a sudden there are three or four beats in your ear. Like someone is drumming on your ear drum. 
I think I feel some pressure in my ear when it's drumming like that.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Beat noise or pulse in ear
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 04:34:01 PM »
I get that sometimes. My dad does too. A lot of times it's just "one of those things". Know what I mean? It's just one of those odd things that a decent amount of people experience from time to time. Sometimes it can be the result of stiff muscles in your neck. Nothing that a chiropractor can't fix. If you're worried take a trip to an ENT and they'll get to the bottom of it. I'm confident that it's nothing serious though.
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »
That's an ear issue, not a heart issue.   You may have fluid or wax build up in there.
OR if you mean it's all irregular and not coinciding with your pulse?   I have that, it's like something twitching inside your ear.  I asked my doctor one time and she gave me neck exercises to do - KirklandHarris may be correct. (stiff muscles in neck)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Baldrick

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 07:07:58 PM »
thanks. I'm struggling to explain it haha. It's kinda like throbbing or thumping in the ear, very irregular and can occur at any time
Bookmark and Share

Offline valleyplayer42

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Pissed
    Pissed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14:23 PM »
I have gotten sudden like... loud FLUTTERS in my one ear. then it would go away and either come back in a few hours, or days or weeks. its wierd and loud and sometimes makes my eye tear....
Bookmark and Share

Online Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 05:58:27 AM »
thanks. I'm struggling to explain it haha. It's kinda like throbbing or thumping in the ear, very irregular and can occur at any time

Well then if it's very irregular it's just a muscle twitch INSIDE the ear.  Like I said my doctor told me to do neck exercises for it but I never do because my neck makes horrible cracking and crunching noises and it grosses me out to hear that!  I'd rather hear the ear thumping!  HA!    But mine only happens if I lay on the affected ear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 09:08:23 AM »
Clogged sinuses can cause a build up of gas behind your ear drum and you can hear all sorts of head noises in the clogged ear, including your heart beat or the crackle of your sinus gunk breaking up. 

Sometimes if I stand very quickly after sitting for a long time, I can hear a thumping in my ears for a few seconds. I've forgotten what it's called, but it's benign. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: