Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Are you paralyzed with fear like me?  (Read 419 times)

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Are you paralyzed with fear like me?
« on: May 11, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »
I can't shake this feeling. All I think about all day is disease... I can't do anything. I feel like I am not the best mom or wife I could be because I spent most of the day thinking about how sick I am and how terrible it would be if my fears come true (that I have lupus). Also surfing on the internet all day about symptoms etc.

Are you like that too? I feel HA is ruining my life.... I am wasting my time worrying.... but I can't shake it.... gosh help me please... I need meds or something. I am terrified of getting tested and I am constantly finding a new symptom... please help....
if anyone have overcome this please help... It's mothers day I should be happy enjoying time with my family and instead I am breaking down and worrying about a potential disease
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Are you paralyzed with fear like me?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 11:51:04 AM »
Today is mothers day!! enjoy your day! You should honestly think about getting on some kind of anti-anxiety meds. I used to be just like this where I would constantly be thinking about cancer all day long. Then I got on Zoloft and I feel like my regular self again! It will make you feel SO much better, trust me. I highly suggest it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 12:00:26 PM »
It's funny I should read this today.  I was just realizing how unenjoyable life is becoming due to constantly worrying about SOMETHING!  I don't have any particular disease in mind, but every single little thing I notice or find, I start obsessing how it could be SOMETHING.   ALL the time! Lately all I've been hearing is people I know dying and being "diagnosed" (3 people in 12 days and it sent me "over the edge")  and I am becoming depressed and worried constantly.  Like I am walking through a minefield with all these people and they are being hit with something and I'm escaping by the skin of my teeth, but knowing that one day I will be HIT.  I don't know when or with what, and that thought is "crippling" me.   I have already decided to go see a psychologist.  I'm calling tomorrow.  I've been crying on and off since I got up this morning. 
And like you, I am terrified of being tested and there's always something new cropping up.   I think it would be a waste of time for me to be tested because I'd be fine for 2 or 3 weeks after a test then think, "Well NOW I have something, better go back..."  getting tested won't help, so I choose to worry until things go away.  (I just took a Xanax hoping I'll feel better later)   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 12:11:36 PM »
I can definitely relate. I was constantly thinking about myself dying of cancer every day. Finally I got put on Lexapro and things got much better. Not that every day was perfect but I wasn't constantly obsessing about dying. I am currently off my meds due to pregnancy but plan on starting back after delivery. My current anxiety is about my family's health and losing one of them to something horrible.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 01:28:50 PM »
What dose r u all on
Bookmark and Share

Offline rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 01:40:47 PM »
I feel the same as you guys do.   Minie is breathing problems (can definitlly be caused severe anxiety) and colon cancer.  I worry about it all the time  and think todays my last day-cuz i'll die in my sleep tonite.  This should be the best time of my life.  On friday my daughter is graduating med school and im worried about  not making it-and riuning her day.(have to fly across country)  Ive only had HA for about 3 years and being much older (65) i am terrified i have something really bad going on.  Had a zillion tests-all perfect results.  I think the main problem is fear of death and leaving my kids and not getting to see them move on in life.  Been going for therpery for 2 years-dont think i'm getting much from it other than less money in my checkbook. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline roulolox

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 01:58:47 PM »
I guess I am like you all the time....
I even cannot enjoy vacations anymore and it starts to ne difficult for my wife too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline babylegs

• Just Joined!
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2014, 03:27:13 PM »
YES! 100 percent with you!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2014, 04:19:57 PM »
What dose r u all on

I don't take anything.   I will take Xanax as needed (.25mg).   After I took that Xanax in about an hour I was tired but felt normal inside, then my daughter and I went out to eat and I feel my old self right now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline xxAmyxx

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2014, 07:53:07 PM »
Your post sounds exactly like me on a bad HA day. I feel so unmotivated, I feel too paralyzed to do anything - I think, what's the point?? It's so unfair b/c I have a wonderful family/home life - I'm so lucky and blessed - why can't I enjoy it at times?? The overwhelming fear is terrible. I'm finding the best way to deal with it (besides meds which the last time I took raised my BP) is to keep myself occupied - NO googling symptoms. For the past 4 days my IL's have been visiting and my HA is way on the back burner. Hang in there, you're not alone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 7dragonfly

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2014, 12:14:36 AM »
I know exactly how you feel.  I has been my life for a long time, and it is breaking me down.  I go for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, when I can afford it.  I am a caregiver for my mom and she is always worried about something too, so between the both of us, it is not a happy home.  I am afraid all the time. My life has been nothing but fear (of something).
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 12:58:47 PM »
Thank you so much. We need to find better ways to cope.... I think I may try Lexapro again but last time I tried it bothered my IC (bladder condition).
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisymae

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 01:28:53 PM »
I feel the same way as you.  Everyday all day is becoming a struggle for me now.  I've tried lexapro and therapy and it hasn't helped.  I'm not sure what actually helps but if you find something that works, let me know ;)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: