Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Tumor, MS, or some other neurological disorder?  (Read 335 times)

Offline John22a

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain Tumor, MS, or some other neurological disorder?
« on: May 11, 2014, 09:30:31 AM »
I'm a 24 years old. I weight around 140 pounds. Its been a while that I have body tremors mostly hands and legs.
This is worse when lets say i try to squeeze a bottle of ketchup or i hold a heavy cup or lets say i'm trying to shave. If i bring my hands close to my phone's screen i can actually see my hand shaking. Also when i point my hands upwards and bring it down i feel the shaking in my arm. Same thing happens with my legs. Lets say i bring my leg up into my stomach and bring it back down i feel the shaking in my leg. Also when i touch my face i feel my hands shaking. Stress seems to make my tremors worse. This has been going on for as long as i can remember. But for the past few weeks its getting worse even when i'm not stressed. I have been worrying about this a lot and thinking about having brain tumor, not sure if that is making it worse. I don't exercise often so I don't know if this could be the cause (weak muscles)

I have had a CAT scan from my head two times, one in 2008 and one in 2010 due to headaches i used to get. Both came back clear. My family doctor in Canada did an assessment when i had the headaches and told me i don't have a brain tumor. My headaches were some sort of pinched nerved in the head. I don't really have the headache these days but the shaking is making me crazy.

I just traveled back home to visit my family and decided to see a neurologist here, since where i am now i don't need an appointment as long as i pay money. he took an EEG from my brain and told me that I need to get an MRI from my head because there is a low blood flow in my brain?! I called few doctors right away and they said there is no way he can say that from an EEG and low blood flow to the brain is very serious that can kill brain tissue within 5 seconds. He probably wants to make money with all the tests he's giving me. He actually told everyone in his office to take an EEG so it all sounds sketchy to me.

Anyways I'm very worried. Does anyone else feel similar tremors?
Bookmark and Share

Offline penguin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor, MS, or some other neurological disorder?
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 09:56:13 AM »
Sorry for your tremors.  I went through a period where I was having a pins and needles feeling in my arms/legs and my hands would shake from time to time-if I put my hands in front of my face I could see it.  Went to the Dr, blood tested for thyroid issues, asked me about my headaches (I get migraines) etc.  She told me it was anxiety and it was my bodys way of dealing with it, since I was not releasing the stress.  I am looking into acupuncture, maybe you may want to check it out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline John22a

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:57:20 AM »
thanks, i will try acupuncture as soon as i get back to Canada

Anyone else experience tremors like i do?
Bookmark and Share

Offline John22a

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 10:37:03 AM »
my tremor is better, but i keep looking at my EEG and comparing it with the stuff i see on google image and mine looks very weird. It looks like the EEG from the people who have seizures or brain tumor. I'm not an expert at reading the EEG test results but i can tell my results are not normal....

Bookmark and Share

Tags: