Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hi, just joined...  (Read 43 times)

Offline mistertrooth

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hi, just joined...
« on: May 11, 2014, 08:21:45 AM »
Hello everyone - i wasn't expecting to be doing this tonight... i googled 'anxiety and shortness of breath' because i've been suffering from it for some weeks, and was amazed at the things I've read. If nothing else I now feel far less alone than I have been with this problem of late. The posts I've read could have been written by me in many cases.

I know where my anxiety is rooted and what is triggering it right now (two very different things) but I'm amazed at how little effect this knowledge seems to have - it feels beyond the reach of my concious mind, which is scary and strangely humbling. Thanks to the people on this site for being so honest about your experiences - it's been a big help to read them. I look forward to communicating more with you all.
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, just joined...
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 12:47:15 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline canttakeit007

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hi, just joined...
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 02:12:46 AM »
I definitely agree with you. This forum has been the #1 thing that has helped me cope with my anxiety. Anxiety is such a weird thing. It's like you're viewing the world through anxiety glasses and even though you know everything is warped and that it's just the glasses, you can not help feeling like it's real. Everything is bad news. Everything is the worst case scenario and no matter how much you can discredit yourself, it's so hard to calm down.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: