Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Road Kill and Rabies  (Read 164 times)

Offline Fearboi98

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Road Kill and Rabies
« on: May 11, 2014, 01:40:53 AM »
Thanks everyone in advance... lately life's been very difficult, I came home today after spending the whole day with my family for mother's day.  Because we went out together I offered to drive my SUV, but it was tough as I am badly afraid of roadkills, and of course with my luck I encountered two road kills today... Normally when I encountered road kills of small animals that are like squirrels, I can get by ok, or if I go by road kills that has the whole body in tact, I feel safer, however today i drove by two road kills that has been badly ran over and bleeded opened with flesh everywhere on the road... I feel so scared and dirty... I feel when I drove by it the tires drove by the flesh and splash them on my car... It's really tough to drive for me, even when I don't drove I sit in the passengers seat and navigate on the road constantly in fear that there is on we may run over... My fear for this is because I'm afraid my tires drive by it and then when I get out the car I tough the tires therefore contaminating myself with disease mainly Rabbies... I have drove for over 25 yrs and never had this fear until the past year with a Raccon incident, my fear has gone out of control... I don't know how I can drive going forward... I read that the brain tissues of dead animal may still carry the virus even if the animal is dead... Can anyone help me get through this or guid\de m e onto how to fight this?  Thanks in advance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Road Kill and Rabies
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 09:27:58 AM »
We avoid running over dead animals even if it means slowing down until we can safely go around.

Did you know the #1 cause of Leprosy in the US is Armadillos?  Animal control or prisoners doing highway clean up will pick them up, not wash their hands and the eat or touch their eyes, nose or mouth. Also, if poor areas, people eat them.  Leprosy is now curable but still........... YUK!

I don't blame you a bit. If in doubt, we wash off our tires before pulling in to the garage. Who wants that stink anyhow? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline madmexican808

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Road Kill and Rabies
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 11:26:51 AM »
Thanks everyone in advance... lately life's been very difficult, I came home today after spending the whole day with my family for mother's day.  Because we went out together I offered to drive my SUV, but it was tough as I am badly afraid of roadkills, and of course with my luck I encountered two road kills today... Normally when I encountered road kills of small animals that are like squirrels, I can get by ok, or if I go by road kills that has the whole body in tact, I feel safer, however today i drove by two road kills that has been badly ran over and bleeded opened with flesh everywhere on the road... I feel so scared and dirty... I feel when I drove by it the tires drove by the flesh and splash them on my car... It's really tough to drive for me, even when I don't drove I sit in the passengers seat and navigate on the road constantly in fear that there is on we may run over... My fear for this is because I'm afraid my tires drive by it and then when I get out the car I tough the tires therefore contaminating myself with disease mainly Rabbies... I have drove for over 25 yrs and never had this fear until the past year with a Raccon incident, my fear has gone out of control... I don't know how I can drive going forward... I read that the brain tissues of dead animal may still carry the virus even if the animal is dead... Can anyone help me get through this or guid\de m e onto how to fight this?  Thanks in advance.

I$ had a rabies freakout before I moved to als scare. as long as it did not get in your cuts you are fine. rabies virus dies out in open air. 90% of the time a bite gets it in.
Bookmark and Share