Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Thinking of a specific girl giving me panic attacks  (Read 195 times)

Offline hilario

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thinking of a specific girl giving me panic attacks
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:56:45 PM »
There's a girl at my university who I practically don't know (she's the sister of a friend of a friend). I met her once and maybe talked to her/hung out with her maybe a couple times (I commute so I don't have the luxury of making any friends), yet seeing her picture somewhere or having her brought up triggers some kind of intense moroseness/anxiety. I'm essentially a complete stranger to her and vice versa, so this emotional/mental response seems creepy and pathetic to me. Does anyone else have this sort of response to someone and not know why?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thinking of a specific girl giving me panic attacks
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 05:39:41 AM »
I don't want to say that maybe she scares you. That might be a wrong choice of wording. But maybe in your mind, on a subconscious level, you might have thought of yourself getting closer to this girl. That might be what scares you. You might not want that closeness. So any idea of it would cause some reaction. I am only guessing here. Maybe if you do talk to her you will find out she is a nice person. She might be involved with another person. Hearing this may put your mind at ease. It is the only thing I can think of that would make sense. The whole getting closer to another person at a time when you know you don't want to.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Statikk

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Thinking of a specific girl giving me panic attacks
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2014, 08:39:40 AM »
Wow I have this same thing but it's someone I know and talk to every day. I actually think I love her but don't know if she likes me and don't want to 'kill' it by pushing the issue.
She's very independent and has many friends but I feel she has chosen to be single due to previous relationships and now doesn't want to get hurt again.

Such is life eh?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: