Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird back pain - Kidneys? Lungs? Pancreas?  (Read 187 times)

Offline mikran

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird back pain - Kidneys? Lungs? Pancreas?
« on: May 10, 2014, 06:55:00 PM »
For the past couple of weeks I've been experiencing weird sensations in my back and sometimes just below the ribs to the front left. Although I have felt an occasional stabbing pain, the sensation has so far mostly appeared as a dull pressure of some sort, a bit similar to side stitches.

Due to some indegestion issues (which are now gone) I've been worrying a lot about pancreatic C, but now my concern has shifted to the kidneys. The pain seems to originate in the mid back, mostly to the left but sometimes also on the right side, and is usually more noticable while sitting. Another reason for my kidney concerns is the frequent urination which I have had since February. My urine has also been foamy and quite yellow. Apart from the pain I have also faced other symptoms which may or may not be related: fasciculations, recurrent headaches and outbreak of cherry angioma. 

A month ago I had a complete blood count together with a urine sample, and they all came back fine. Since the pain sometimes is more noticable when I inhale I have also given my lungs a thought, but I haven't had any cough or breathing difficulties. So although I haven't ruled out the dreaded pancreatic C, I'm now mostly concerned that I might suffer from a kidney disease. I should add that I had kidney surgery as an infant, and throughout my childhood and adolesence I had medical check-ups including X-rays. Could the x-rays have damaged my kidneys and even caused a tumor?
I feel a strong urge to call for a doctor's appointment, but I'm hesitant to do so since the doctor's will probably not take me seriously due to my many visits and calls for the past two months.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Poke This Member
Re: Weird back pain - Kidneys? Lungs? Pancreas?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 08:56:04 PM »
I've have experience when it comes to back pain. I had lower back pain for a few weeks. I thought for sure I had PC. The pain would get pretty bad sometimes. And then one day, I realized that it was caused by my anxiety. Afterwards the pain vanished.

I feel like all of my anxiety-caused pains are dull, and achey. Just try to stay calm.   :yes:

Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline Auntiefav

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird back pain - Kidneys? Lungs? Pancreas?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 01:21:02 AM »
Any update?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: