Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood clot??? Please help me!!!  (Read 239 times)

Offline drowningwithouthope

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood clot??? Please help me!!!
« on: May 10, 2014, 02:51:02 PM »
Please help me. I'm freaking out. I noticed a small swollen bump on my calf. It's about the size and shape of a coin. It's red, and sort of itchy. Feels a bit hard underneath. My Dad thinks it's a bug bite but I'm convinced it's a blood clot. I only noticed it yesterday afternoon and I forgot about it until today when I caught a glimpse of it while I was changing. I don't have much pain, just slight leg cramps but nothing that's too noticeable. Is this a blood clot??? Please help!!! I feel like running to the ER but I know my Dad won't take me because he thinks I'm being ridiculous!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood clot??? Please help me!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 07:17:17 PM »
If it was a blood clot your whole calf area would be red and swollen and you'd be in agonizing pain. I too have a bump on my calf that's red. You probably do just have some kind of bug bite or maybe even a knot. Blood clots tend to happen in older people and rarely in younger people. I'm sure you're fine, try icing it! Also, place two fingers and feel for your pedal pulse on your foot. If you can feel it, it's definitely nothing.
Bookmark and Share

Offline naynaydevil2

• Rec's: 8
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 09:12:34 PM »
Also, a Dr told me that it would be EXTREME swelling and very hot around the area. Those are the 2 main signs.
Bookmark and Share

Offline drowningwithouthope

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 09:34:12 AM »
Thanks for the reassurance. I'm only 22 so my Dad thinks I'm crazy to be worrying about such a thing. It's so hard to try and think rationally though when I feel panicked (as I'm sure you know). I had no sleep last night because I kept freaking out but I feel a bit better about it now.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 11:08:23 AM »
If you had a blood clot something would have happened by now and it probably would have turned into a pulmonary embolism. It definitely would be extremely red, swollen, and hot to the touch by now because the blood accumulates. I am 20 and I was having little to no sleep every night back in January because I was convinced I had a blood clot in my calf as well and my leg hurt really bad. My mom and dad both told me I was crazy and said that you would definitely not even question if you had one because it hurt so bad. I ignored them and went to the doctor at school and she assured me I didn't have one but because I was having such bad anxiety about it because someone had just died at my school from one, she made me confirm with my dad that it was okay to get a Doppler ultrasound on my legs to ease my mind because my anxiety was so bad and he let me because I was in a paralyzed state of mind lol. When I got my ultrasound done the lady who did it just looked at my legs and were like yeah you don't have a blood clot and the ultrasound confirmed I definitely didn't. I am sure you are absolutely fine, don't waste your money by going to the ER or doing what I did and getting an ultrasound.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Mom21

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 12:03:17 PM »
My mom had a blood clot a few years ago. I remember she kept rubbing to try and massage the pain away while she was wincing from the pain. She could barely walk or put weight on that leg. Also her leg was swollen. I'm sure you're fine.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: