Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Scared of Solipsism ! Please help me!  (Read 129 times)

Offline Lana555

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared of Solipsism ! Please help me!
« on: May 10, 2014, 02:25:02 PM »
Hello people,sorry for bad English.
I have anxiety about solipsism. Does anybody of you ever had the same stong fear how nothig is real and it's all just our imagination?
I was living fine until I found out about solipsism.
I can't stand the thought that my mother,familly,or my memories are not real,and I'm the only one living thing.And even if you answer to me,I will think "well,that's just in my head,these answers doesn't exist" lol
 Can I go crazy of these thoughts and please I want to know is there any philosopher or scientist in the world that doesn't agree with solipsism ?

Are these thouhts sign that I'am psychotic? Please help me,I can't have peace after I've read about that philosophy. The fear is so strong that I got rapid heart rate and pain in my stomach,I can't be happy and relaxed as before.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of Solipsism ! Please help me!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2014, 01:23:07 AM »
From our perspective, the two possibilities would appear identical. There's no way to know. So there's no sense dwelling on it too much.

As for the other part, yes that is common. its called Dissociation. it can't hurt you.

They're not signs of psychosis; they're signs of panic attacks. Which you seem to be having in abundance.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lana555

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared of Solipsism ! Please help me!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 02:08:22 AM »
its called Dissociation. it can't hurt you.
Thank you for replay. I really hope it will not turn to psychosis,beause I have read that dissociation is part of anxiety,but psychosis as well.

I have read that some people too was scared after they heard about sopilsism, but I can't find any source did some philosophers or even scientist at least don't agree with idea how our lifes are part of our imagination. It would give me a little peace of mind.

I'm trying to calm myself about the fact when I was a child I didn't thought about that,our existence,anxiety,illnes etc. I just lived in the moment. So,I'm trying to live here and now. As actor who died of some rare illnes Andy Whitfield said in one video "Don't be afraid of what you don't know,be here now".

Bookmark and Share

Tags: