Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: So fed up with this anxiety  (Read 140 times)

Offline Gale

• Rec's: 1
  • My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
So fed up with this anxiety
« on: May 10, 2014, 12:05:50 PM »
Why can't these physical symptoms of anxiety just go away and leave me alone. I have been a long time sufferer of this for many..........years. Some weeks I feel and fine and then bam it all comes back. So many tests have been done, and always come up negative!!!!  I take Ativan daily and zoloft  150 mg.Can't understand why meds do not always work!!!!!!!  So afraid it is more of a physical problem. Anyone else feel like this.   :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

• Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: So fed up with this anxiety
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 12:09:04 PM »
I'm sorry to ask you this but how old are you and how many years have you been suffering from HA? And what are your health scares?
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Gale

• My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 12:25:10 PM »
No problem, I am now 62 yrs. old and have been suffering for over 30 yrs!!!!!!!!!! I was afraid I had a brain tumor, then it went on to MS, which I still think about. But with 3 MRI's, all was normal. Just feel with physical symptoms, it has to be something. I am always tired, shakey inside, neck and back pain, headaches, dizziness, like I am swaying off balance. Thanks for replying!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 12:32:34 PM »
Hi, so you mean Brain Tumor was also your very first Health Anxiety 30 yrs ago? Well that's a good news after 3 mri's and nothing found.
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Gale

• My grand dog!!!!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 12:44:15 PM »
I guess I should be thankful nothing was ever found!!!!!!!! But why do these symptoms continue on and on?
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 12:55:31 PM »
It could be because your brain is now programmed producing such symptoms of the illness you fear. And you had HA over brain tumor for such a long time.

My health anxiety was just 2 years as of now. And i was 18 when it all started. I'm 20 now.

But wow look at you. You coped with your HA for such a long time. You do not have brain tumor or any neurological issues. Crossfingers

I hope i can cope with my HA just like you.
Best regards.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: