Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Chronic Appendicitis?!?!?  (Read 143 times)

Offline Disaster_Dino

• Rec's: 0
    • Poke This Member
Chronic Appendicitis?!?!?
« on: May 10, 2014, 07:08:55 AM »
Hi there.

Last night I was so nervous about this I nearly puked.

I'm afraid I have chronic appendicitis.

Last summer, I got a stomach ache. I went home, showered and went to sleep. The next morning, the ache was gone, but I still had a really mild pain/nagging/discomfort in my lower right abdomen. I remembered that my friend had appendicitis during the school year, so I looked it up just to make sure. Long story short, I went to the ER. Both my ultrasound and my blood test came up negative. I was discharged.

Over the next months, I continued to have the mild pain. Then some days, I would wake up and I'd feel irritated in that lower right area. It doesn't hurt, it just feels irritated. This usually happens after I over eat the previous day. Eventually, I figured out that the pain was psychosomatic, and around February I felt completely fine.

Recently, I woke up irritated again. I started getting scared again, and then I looked up chronic appendicitis. I read a bunch of stories and I really lost myself.

I told my mom and my brother (who's in medical school) and they pretty much laughed in my face and said "it doesn't exist" and told me the stories I read weren't real.

so, I just need some help. I'm scared, and I need to know if my life is in danger. I don't want to go to the doctor because CA can be hard to diagnose, and I don't feel like going from doctor to doctor.

thanks
Bookmark and Share
"everything will be alright in the end. If everything's not alright, it's not quite the end!"

Offline Jess0617

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic Appendicitis?!?!?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 07:26:24 PM »
If you had chronic appendicitis I could only imagine you would be in CHRONIC pain. I am 98% sure your stomach irritation is still just psychosomatic and if you had chronic appendicitis it could've only gotten worse by now. Appendicitis doesn't take a long time to show itself. It hurts and you would know if you had it right away and your parents wouldn't laugh at you they would be rushing you to the hospital because they would know something was wrong. You are fine, try to ease your mind and relax.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KirklandHarris

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Chronic Appendicitis?!?!?
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 04:42:25 PM »
I have literally the exact same thing. It doesn't really hurt, it's just enough of a slight discomfort for you to know it's there, know what I mean? Mine gets worse when I eat a lot too. It could be from gas buildup. You can get gas buildup from eating certain types of foods, and of course, stress and anxiety. :P I would recommend cutting out any carbonated drinks from your diet if you don't already, and if you ever feel any discomfort try and use some type of antacid to see if that helps.
Bookmark and Share