Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My bedtime sleep cocktail  (Read 392 times)

Offline Kissa

• Rec's: 1
  • I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
My bedtime sleep cocktail
« on: May 09, 2014, 11:43:42 PM »
I am awake.  >:( I hate this! My body is so exhausted and yet, I just seem to get to the threshold of sleep then nothing.... no sleep.

Tonight I took 10mg Zompidum (ambian) with a tylonal pm chaser. Still nothing. Got a total of 5 hours sleep last night, got up and specifically did not take a nap even though I was dragging. I didn't have any caffeine, and nothing to sent my diabetic sugar out of wak. I was off the computer 45 min before trying to go to bed. Then went to bed with the feeling like maybe I was going to sleep. NOPE. I laid there, and laid there, and laid there. And the longer I do that the more anxious/agitated I get! So, here I am now, the tylonal pm and ambien in me and I'm awake.

I just keep hoping that I will get tired enough to the point where I will just crash. Until then, I do what I have to do.
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Ringil & The 3 Mouseketeers
    • Poke This Member
Re: My bedtime sleep cocktail
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 01:07:12 AM »
I have somewhat similar issues with sleep.

I'm literally forced to eat before I go to sleep. No food, no sleep.

My "cocktail" is .667 mg. of Xanax and 2.5 mg. of Ambien. I've tried a number of non-prescription products and I found one I'm having a great deal of success with, particularly if I wake up to go to the bathroom, I can take this and fall right back asleep. The product is MidNite and I bought it at Walmart for $7.48 (paid as much as $10.00 before I shopped it). I really think it's worth a try and since I'm all so enthusiastic about it I want to assure you that I have no relationship with the manufacturer. I'm just so glad to get something that works (for me and they have a lot of good reviews on shopping sites. Tastes good, melts in your mouth.

You're getting sleepy. 10. 9. 8. 7......best wishes.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

Offline Kissa

• I don't remember what calm and relaxed is...
    • Poke This Member
Re: My bedtime sleep cocktail
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2014, 03:02:53 AM »
Here we are again....  :angry: I started my trying to sleep at 10:30pm. Didn't work, so I took a second ambien. (yes, I know your not supposed to do that), and I took a dose of ibuprofen pm.

Now I'm looking at 3am. I got out of bed because the fact that I couldn't fall asleep almost had me crying. I'm just so frustrated!
Bookmark and Share
Just because I understand an acknowledge what I am worrying about is silly, doesn't mean I'm able to stop worrying about it.
~One Breath at a Time~

Tags: