Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Does this night sweat sound serious or just normal?  (Read 306 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Does this night sweat sound serious or just normal?
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:16:26 PM »
Hi there everyone.

Ok so here's the thing. Lately I've been waking up every morning around 9am or 12pm sweaty on my neck only. Both front and back of my neck, and good thing is that i am not drenching the sheets, not sweating all over just on my neck just damp not extremely drenched.

Well it's summer here in Philippines and i left my room just using an ordinary fan and not using the air conditioner. And my room was actually direct sunlight from the outside so that's why i use blind dark curtains.

What is the feature of a real nightsweats caused by a serious condition?

Well i have no fever or chills. Does this sweating all over my neck was all just caused by the warm environment on my room?

Are you also or used getting this when it's summer in your place? I'm really confused if this is something serious?
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline Allytiel90

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Does this night sweat sound serious or just normal?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 10:51:45 PM »
Well I sweat on my legs, back and stomach and neck and get my clothes damp and my docs say I don't have anything serious...going on 6 months now. If anything your post is making me panicy because you are worried about simple sweat on your neck! I've had many tests and everything is coming back normal. I'm still very worried I'm dying of cancer.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 10:55:37 PM »
Also my anxiety levels are pretty uncontrollable and uneasy. Been obsessing myself that something is wrong with me, impending doom. Does strong emotional stress and anxiety can make you sweaty while sleeping and also my room was really hot when i woke up! Steaming hot because it's summer here! So right now i turned my air conditioner on to cool down my room because i wanna get back to sleep.
Bookmark and Share

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 11:05:15 PM »
Hi there Allytiel90, I'm sorry for what you had been through. I myself too been convincing myself that i had "have" a Hodgkin's Lymphoma! It's almost 1 year and few months that I've been obsessing with this condition. So that's why i think my life is ruined, my anxiety has worsened! To be honest i never take medications for my anxiety so that's why.

Also I've been doing crazy stuff like i have to drink 1 can of beer and testing myself that i do not get some severe pain upon drinking well thank God nothing happened so far since last year. well it is one of the symptoms of lymphoma which is pretty rare fyi.

And now i really had Asthma since i was a kid and i think my Anxiety and Stress has triggered and worsened my asthma! Such a pitiful life of me.

Anyway i wish nothing but the best of lucks for us and a happy life. Cheerio
Bookmark and Share

Offline bittersweetlife

Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2014, 10:03:34 AM »
Additional notes: it's more like a "sticky" sweaty on my neck like a sweat mixed with oil (gross, sorry bout that)

I hope someone here can shed a light or some reassurances because right now i am afraid to sleep.

I am scared of Hodgkin's Lymphoma and this Health Anxiety has been controlling my life!
Bookmark and Share

Offline yesyesno

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2014, 11:09:18 PM »
Wow.  This is EXACTLY what I have.  My sweat starts on my neck and sometimes only my neck will sweat all night.  About 6 years ago I started getting night sweats and I became terrified of blood C, lymphoma, etc.  But all my blood work came out fine and two doctors told me it was normal.  But it seems like I'm sweating in a different way now (not drenching sheets like I did before and not only around my menstrual cycle) and I'm scared again.  But I know, logically, I shouldn't be.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: