Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 61 times)

Offline jockey

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Introduce Yourself
« on: May 09, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »
Hi,
I'm Jockey or ex-jockey,
I had an accident off a horse at the race track a few years back, whereby the horse I was riding fell and I came off of course; another horse coming behind us came along and kicked me on the head whilst I was laying on the ground and left me with a cataclysmic brain injury.

I've been seeing a neurosurgeon since the accident and have had I believe 25 MRI's of my brain to date; the last time I saw my neurosurgeon, I told him that things weren't getting any better; he informed me that they would in all likelihood get progressively worse as time goes on; he explained to me that it wasn't just the last bad brain injury, but all the concussions I've had in the past and they're all going to be catching up with me now.

He also told me that because of the area of the last brain injury, that surgery was out of the question.

I feel like I'm 10% of the man I was before the accident, but also when I read the news every morning I realize how lucky I am compared to a lot of other people out there.

Thank you,

Jockey.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 05:25:04 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue