Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Ovarian Cancer Fear  (Read 242 times)

Offline daisypark777

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Ovarian Cancer Fear
« on: May 09, 2014, 04:12:26 PM »
Hi, y'all!  This is my first post, but I have lurked here for a while.  I have had HA for about 6 years...my trigger dates back to when a friend of ours died of melanoma at age 31.  Since then, I have misdiagnosed myself w just about everything!
So right now I'm on an ovarian cancer kick.  My only symptom is some lower right pelvic "pain" (like a 2-3 on pain scale) that I have had for about 3 weeks.  I also have lower back pain on that side (sciatica like that goes down my leg.)  The pelvic "pain" was def worst on the day I ovulated.  I had a similar episode a couple years ago, which only revealed a small cyst...naturally the pain was ggone instantly  ::)  I'm just gonna make a list here of all pertinent info here to cut down on the book I could write  ;D

-I'll be 37 next week
-married,  3 kids
-super fertile!
-normal pregnancy and childbirth for all 3
-no PCOS
-no endometriosis
-normal menstrual cycle
-no premenstrual cramps
-finished upn5 month course Accutane in March
-was on birth control pills while on Accutane
-went off BCP in March (hubby has vasectomy)
-no family history of breast or gyno cancers
-have had this back pain before
-pelvic pain moves around
-no digestive problems
-no urinary frequency or urgency
-appetite okay
-no bloating
-neither pain is constant
-no pain at all when I wake up but starts as I get moving around for the day
-had started a Jillian Michaels workout plan arpund the time pain started (now stopped)

My reasoning side tells me that there is no way I have OC, but my HA side is freaked out.  I have my yearly OB appt in July.  My rational mind tells me it is possibly sacroiliac pain in the hip or just feeling ovulation for the first time in 6 months and my mind is making it worse than it really is!

Any thoughts?  Encouragement?  I'm trying to break the cycle of running to the dr at every sensation but it is hard!!!!

Thank you so much!
Daisy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
Re: Ovarian Cancer Fear
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:09:20 PM »
Can you recreate the pelvic pain when you stretch or bend a certain way?  Does it get worse when you walk around a lot?
If you answered yes to either or both of those questions it probably is your psoas muscle. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline daisypark777

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2014, 09:57:28 AM »
Thank you for your response, Sunlover....it def only starts hurting when I get up and moving.  I also dont feel the pelvic pain w/o the back pain.  If it was OC, wouldnt it be a constant pain and not on and off?  Also, I def feel it more when I am focusing on it.   keep telling myself that my age, medical history, and lack of other symptoms point away from OC, but of course my HA brain jumps to the worst possible conclusion....ugh! 

Any other responses would be sooo welcome!

Daisy
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 18
  • Mood: Lazy
    Lazy
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 12:07:14 PM »
When I get a side back pain/hip also, it tends to extend into the lower pelvic area and I'll feel the same pain in both places.  Once I pulled a psoas muscle and it would hurt from where the leg attaches to the torso close to your front butt area (I'm sorry, don't know the name for that!)
extending diagonally through the hip area which includes the entire one side of the abdomen.  I had it for over a year until I told the doctor and she gave me exercises for it - it was gone in a few weeks!
Being that it's hurting when you start to move and you feel both the pains at the same time, I'd say you strained a muscle.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: