Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Sudden shortness of breath!  (Read 114 times)

Offline Caribou

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sudden shortness of breath!
« on: May 09, 2014, 03:21:42 PM »
About 10 minutes ago I was sitting in my room on my computer when out of nowhere I began feeling an increasing shortness of breath.  Then my respiration increased, and my heart rate skyrocketed.  I thought maybe if I walked around it would help me, but it hasn't.  I am having some left arm pain too, that comes and goes (although that has happened before).  Then my stomach felt a little off but it wasn't exactly nausea, but that has gone away too.  My chest doesn't feel like it has pressure or pain per se but I can feel my rapid heart rate in my chest.  The left side of my neck also hurts a little and I'm terrified I'm having a heart attack!  I'm only 20 years old, but I eat horribly.  I have had this worry for quite some time, but I still eat badly.  I know it's not right, but I it's all I eat.  I went to Urgent Care for this about a year ago and they performed an ECG on my chest and ordered blood work and said that everything was fine...but that was over a year ago - things can change.

What are the odds this a heart attack at all?  Please help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rap_Talon

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Depressed
    Depressed
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden shortness of breath!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 04:16:31 PM »
The odds of having a heart attack at your age, without any genetic factors (immediate family problems ect) is ridiculously low, so I'd put that out of your mind and system. You've been tested a year ago, so you're fine in that regard. Remember, even people who have known heart problems, or who have had previous heart attacks, only typically go through testing once a year. It's unlikely your heart has changed that much in so short a time. That's not even discounting the fact that heart problems are more commonly discovered through exertion than rest.

What it could be, possibly, is indigestion. You've said that your eating habits are not good, and something such as Acid reflux or IBS could very much be a possibility. Anxiety itself can do crazy things to our bodies. You could even have breathed in a little hard without realizing, felt breathless and panicked, leading to the other symptoms :)

Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 05:13:27 PM »
This just happend to me kind of it's like shortness of breath then I get like a weird feeling next to my heart then I get like a weird zap feeling that feels like it's coming down from my heart to my stomach
Bookmark and Share

Offline DeLellis123

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 05:30:46 PM »
I keep getting heart Palps on and off when I bend over I'm afraid I'm gonna have a stroke
Bookmark and Share

Tags: