Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: How is it possible for body to create all these symptoms?  (Read 333 times)

Offline Tobias

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
How is it possible for body to create all these symptoms?
« on: May 09, 2014, 02:25:11 PM »
About a year and a half ago I had a 6 week period when I felt light headed/off balance. It went away as I was about to go see a doctor.

Then, a few weeks later, I started having "mental symptoms". Mainly I'd think the wrong word sometimes, reverse words - almost all in my mind. it didn't happen when I spoke or rarely. I even had a dream where I reversed a set of words. That was followed by what I thought was my slurring my speech. I freaked out and went to a neurologist. Had an MRI and other tests. Everything came back normal and those symptoms ceased.

Then this past October I started having what apparently was hynagogic half asleep/half awake vague dreams. It got to the point where I could hardly sleep. Then over time they reduced and now are minimal.

But wait, about 3 months ago I started getting adrenalin rushes in my stomach at someone say something innocuous or seeing a picture that was innocuous. I got focused on how many of the rushes I'd get every day. So yes, I focus on symptoms. Then there was a family situation that took my attention away from my symptoms. Since then the adrenalin rushes are pretty much gone. Just like that.

So its one thing after another. Totally different symptoms that crop up. The thinking the wrong word/reversing words was like, in hindsight, how could my anxiety cause that? Or adrenalin rushes at a radio show host saying something that seemed unimportant. Plus the other symptoms. Oh, and 2 years ago I felt I couldn't swallow well and ended up having an endo but nothing found.

The body can do all this I guess? But such a variety of symptoms?
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 57
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: How is it possible for body to create all these symptoms?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 02:30:25 PM »
Hi,

Oh, yeah, the body can have all of these symptoms . .. . it's like a two-year old kid trying to get your attention . ... if one thing doesn't work, well, it tries another . . . I guess my best take on your experience is perhaps there is something that is working to trigger the symptoms and you have yet to perhaps realize it . . . I don't know the answer . . .I've come to see my symptoms as an early warning system that there is something going on that I need to deal with or I have yet to allow myself to recognize is an issue for me . . .but, I can tell you, I've had different symptoms appear at different times and disappear just as quickly but, in looking back, I know at least 75% of those cases, there was something bothering me . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline Tobias

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 04:51:48 PM »
Hi,

Oh, yeah, the body can have all of these symptoms . .. . it's like a two-year old kid trying to get your attention . ... if one thing doesn't work, well, it tries another . . . I guess my best take on your experience is perhaps there is something that is working to trigger the symptoms and you have yet to perhaps realize it . . . I don't know the answer . . .I've come to see my symptoms as an early warning system that there is something going on that I need to deal with or I have yet to allow myself to recognize is an issue for me . . .but, I can tell you, I've had different symptoms appear at different times and disappear just as quickly but, in looking back, I know at least 75% of those cases, there was something bothering me . . .take care, kc

Thanks.

Symptoms changing - one totally going replaced by another is weird.

When I was reversing words in my mind it was how can anxiety do that? But I was focused on that all the time and monitoring things/thoughts. Sometimes as with that symptom having the tests made it go away. other times as with the innocuously triggered adrenalin rushes they were gone one day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cheesus

• Rec's: 34
  • Ha-Hum
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2014, 08:26:46 PM »
Everything is downstream from the brain.
Bookmark and Share
You can't calm the waves, but you can learn to surf!

Basis of Recovery
Intrusive Thoughts
A Philosophy of Anxiety

Offline Tobias

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 03:18:14 PM »
Everything is downstream from the brain.

I'm still amazed at this. One of my early symptoms that caused me to get the MRI and see the neurologist was reversing words in my head and even in my dreams. The latter freaked me out and sent me to the ER and the follow-up tests. Once I had the tests and it was negative it all just stopped. The mind stuff. But then it moved onto other things. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: