Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Headaches/Terrified  (Read 106 times)

Offline krja80

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Headaches/Terrified
« on: May 09, 2014, 01:07:05 PM »
Hello,

It's been a while since I've posted on these forums, but I'm really having a moment of intense anxiety and fear and just need to vent to people who get it and who understand what coming undone over health related fears feels like. I started a new diet last week on Monday, low sugar, minimal carbs. Tuesday, I started getting a headache which I expected. Well by Saturday, I couldn't take it anymore and so I bailed on the diet and started eating normally (this was after throwing up from taking my daily vitamins without enough food in my stomach to not make me sick). For me, my normal is actually pretty healthy. I was trying to lose about 5-10 pounds to get to my goal weight of 140 prior to summer, but nothing was worth the headaches. So I figured after I started eating carbs again that I'd just start feeling better, as I was only "off" of them for about 6 days. Well it's now been a week and I still feel pretty awful. Headache, but not awful, just really a lot of pressure and it's all sitting at the base of my neck. It feels like tension headaches, but I haven't had something like this so consistently for over a week. My husband keeps telling me it's probably allergies, but again, this is not my norm. I was doing okay, until I had to go sit with a friend of mine at the hospital while her mother had emergency neurosurgery for a hemorrhage. Now I'm in a panic, pure panic and fear, and I can't get a grip. I've always been a brain tumor/aneurysm worrier even when I've felt nothing but a bit lightheaded or dizzy from anxiety, but this has taken hold and I'm petrified. I've had CT's before, but it's been over 3 years and I know that a lot can happen in that time. I've scheduled an appt. with my family dr. for Tuesday, I made a promise to myself through all of this, that bare minimum, I would not run to the ER and dive head first into a CT machine...that promise is becoming more challenging to keep. Thanks for listening.
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Headaches/Terrified
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 03:12:15 PM »
It's totally reasonable that you would be scared and worried after that experience.  I hope your friend's mother is doing well.

But it happening to her doesn't make it likely to happen to you.  Headaches are really common things, and things like aneurysms are a VERY RARE cause of that, especially in younger people. 

Hopefully your doctor will figure out what's causing your headaches.  Stress alone can cause HORRIBLE tension headaches and neck stiffness.  Have you been taking anti-inflammatories like motrin?  Those can be a big help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: