Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Imagining symptoms/Muscle tensions during a stressful/anxious situation?!  (Read 143 times)

Offline bittersweetlife

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Hi.

Is there such things as imagining symptoms? Well here's my point of view, everytime i am on a stressful/anxious situation, I feel like my back is tingling or aching so is my chest and neck but unnoticeable. And sometimes whenever i am concern on a specific part on my body; like my left underarm, if i keep on poking it/searching for lumps or just really concerned on that part then i feel like my left underarm is burning and tingling! Or something like that. I hope you get what i am saying.

Does our brain can create unusual sensations to our body that caused by our anxiety? Or sometimes during a stressful/anxious situation?

Thanks and best regards!
Bookmark and Share
"There's a time & a place to die.. but this ain't it"

Hakuna Matata - "It means no worries"

“Anxiety's like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you very far.” - Jodi Picoult, Sing You Home

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
That's extremely common with anxiety.  I think a lot of the symptoms I've seen doctors for have been about things that were ultimately created by my anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Absolutely, I get the same thing.  It is truly amazing what our minds can do
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Tags: