Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Fear of lung cancer....  (Read 123 times)

Offline WaterBottleDogFish

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Fear of lung cancer....
« on: May 09, 2014, 04:25:49 AM »
I came home from vacation up north and got back to the south and my sister was supposed to have taken care of my dogs but she didnt do a good job as the place was DRENCHED in dog pee. I have wood floors so I bought lysol spray, wood spray and febreeze and got down on my hands and knees and got cleaning. I wont lie I inhaled a good bit of that lysol and febreeze cause my room is so small and I was so close to the floor getting it as clean as possible. Right after I got a persistent cough, nothing hurt just had the cough. Ive had it for a week and a half now and im worried it could be something serious. I keep telling myself its from the cleaning products and its not cancer but im so scared what if I only have months to live? What if the doctor does a scan of my lungs and finds something?On top of that my breasts have been hurting, nothing painful but like little pains Im a size 38 DD so theyre really big maybe its because of that? I dont know any little pain I feel on my breasts or the cough is scaring me. I finally started being able to sleep again you know what its like those sleepless nights of worrying and I woke up at 4 this morning in fear and cant go back to sleep. I mean my allergies are here too but I only started coughing after I cleaned my room. Sometimes theres phlegm but I think its cause of my allergeis cause my nose gets runny and my eyes get super itchy but the cough is what is scaring me cause sometimes when I cough it sounds hollow and dry. :( Please help me im so scared.... :traurig001: :traurig001: :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of lung cancer....
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 05:32:18 AM »
It would take a lot more than that for you to get lung cancer. You mind has just really jumped to worst possible answer it could think of. I am sure if you simply take good care of yourself and help the cough to clear up, you will be back to feeling normal again in no time at all. Trust me it is just your mind after latching on to an idea and once that happens you feed the fear and makes things a hundred times worse.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Fear of lung cancer....
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:56:46 AM »
Lung cancer doesn't develop in a week or two.  It develops over years.  Think about it: how many smokers who get lung cancer say they've been smoking their whole lives? 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: