Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Is it really there or not?  (Read 98 times)

Offline sacrificeislove

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is it really there or not?
« on: May 08, 2014, 09:07:02 PM »
Hi everyone,

So usually when I have negative or unwanted thoughts, I get anxious. And when I get anxious, it takes a physical toll on me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm choking. I sweat a lot, etc. The normal anxiety symptoms. But today, I was walking to class and so I was just thinking and I began thinking about negative and unwanted thoughts. As a reaction, I felt a physical jumping (muscles) in my thigh. Ever since then, my thigh has been hurting me tremendously. This happened at 1:30 pm and now it is 9:00 pm. So it's been 8 hours and my thigh has not stopped hurting me. It's freaking me out. I don't know if I'm making this pain up or not. What do you guys think. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, but I thought it was sort of relevant. Is this the beginning stage of hypochondria?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is it really there or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 12:38:03 AM »
Your anxiety can and will amplify ANY bodily sensation. Its not unusual for people of any age to get muscle pains for what seems like no apparent reason.
In my experience with anxiety over the years. You can experience a little twinge, pain or sensation of some sort. Your mind begins to analyze the symptom. "What if'' thinking kicks in, catastrophizing. "What if this is a blood clot?" or " What if this is the first signs of a neurological disease?" Your mind being overly anxious and stressed sees the symptom as threatening. When it reality it is nothing. When you suffer from anxiety its hard to discern between something that needs medical attention and something that needs to be ignored. I hope you find some relief from this soon. Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags:

anything