Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Harder to just...breathe  (Read 181 times)

Offline Curiouslywondering

• Rec's: 1
  • We dance in the rain..I love that you're crazy too
    • Poke This Member
Harder to just...breathe
« on: May 08, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »
"It happens to the best of us"
   Seriously if someone tells me that again I'm gonna die. I'm sitting here at 8:41 pm strongly considering running, where to idk, but I'm thinking somewhere deep inside me where these crazy thoughts can't reach me. My mind is racing so bad,I can barely latch unto a coherent thought, it feels like I'm losing it again...plz someone tell me to keep going, that it gets better, say I've been there before, that this is just a setback,...but plz don't say it happens to the best of us.
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Ringil & The 3 Mouseketeers
    • Poke This Member
Re: Harder to just...breathe
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »
It will come to an end on its own but I hope you will prepare yourself for the future. There are many ways of getting control but it's hard to do while you're frantic.

If you have any useful medication, take it, don't be scared of it. I know it's hard to swallow and you can't feel the air. But it isn't real, it's just a bad time.

Hotlines are incredibly helpful. I'm trying to use this as a substitute but when things are looping out of control and you're wandering round aimlessly, a human voice is a lot of comfort.

Drink some water. It will moisturize your lungs and they'll feel better.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 07:00:26 AM »
Thank you so much Ring, I am feeling very frantic lately.Your words seemed to give a calm to my nerves :-) . Have a appointment at the docs today, really jittery and scared, anticipatory anxiety and all..but yea..thanks again
Bookmark and Share
Live life way above the stars because you can't get much closer to God than where you are...

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:52:51 AM »
Please let me know what your MD says. I'm a huge fan of Xanax (Alprazolam) but I only take it before bed and if I have an attack. My son take the ER version so its always in his system but bad as my attacks are (usually manifested through the breathing problem), his are worse. We both tried SSRIs and both had horrid experiences so I hope you try to get the Alprazolam first so you can try that instead of SSRIs that hook you, make attacks worse and then are hell to come off of.

I certainly empathize with your problem. I'll try to be helpful and - after your MD visit - if you request I'll PM you some hotline information. But I think that "speaking out" here is also soothing so I hope you'll return and update.

Be strong. There are ways to manage anxiety disorder so its just a nuisance and doesn't posses you. You are not alone.
Bookmark and Share
Anything I post is an opinion© and not necessarily a fact™. I've often benefitted from anecdotal guidance. Your mileage may vary.

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:18:41 PM »
@Ring, so doc visit all done :spineyes: feeling a bit kooky, but hopeful. She advised me that benzos are addictive blah, blah, blah, and that I should prob wait until I see my actual psychiatrist or therapist to be given continual doses, but for now she's given me 0.5mg klonopin. I'm eh about that bc while it does work,I just wish it were a higher dose.. anyways I'm feeling ok and hopefully I'll feel better soon..peace and blessings  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ringil

• Lost Cat
    Indescribable
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 01:52:47 AM »
You can become "dependent" rather than addicted. People with genuine panic disorder don't get anything but results.

These are fairly benign medications. They aren't tearing you up like, say, acetaminophen which they put in everything. If you take what you need, then you won't have to suffer. If and when you lose your anxiety disorder, you won't want them anymore.

I'm surprised at how many people on this board are getting Klonopin. I've never even been offered them. I started with Alprazolam and I finally learned how to use it correctly and it's made my life a lot better. Only once in a while will I need further assistance. The medication works 9 times out of 10.

Hopefully you'll get a sympathetic Doctor that wants to help you. They make Alprazolam (and presumably similar) for a good reason. It's a far safer path than SSRIs.

Best wishes.
Bookmark and Share