Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Scared I have lymphoma  (Read 210 times)

Offline snunn

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scared I have lymphoma
« on: May 08, 2014, 01:44:19 PM »
Hey guys,

So ever since September I have been freaking out that I have lymphoma. I noticed a lymph node in my neck that I hadn't felt before when I was at the ER back in September. I mentioned it to her and she didn't seem worried and said come back if it is bigger or still there after about 2 months. WELL, I never ended up going back to her but have proceeded to going to my school doctor a million times. I got blood tests and they never seemed concerned. However, I was always upset after leaving and never feeling reassured. Always thinking that they aren't taking me seriously. I was always touching it and began to notice 2 others right next to it. They are still here 8 months later, but recently my worry is getting out of hand. I constantly take my temp. I have been feeling nauseous on and off for the past 4 months and have recently been having some digestive upset and abdominal pain. My neck and back have been aching and my anxiety has been pretty intense. I don't know what to do. It seems like I'll never feel better until I have tests like an ultrasound, catscan or biopsy but I don't want to have to get those either since I'm scared it could be cancer. Any ideas?  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scared I have lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 01:51:57 PM »
My suggestion would be to get any test done that needs to be done. I'm in the same boat right now. I need to schedule a biopsy for a lump I found in my neck over a year ago. I'm scared to get it done as well, but I know in the back of my mind that I won't feel better until after I get the biopsy done. How big is your lump and has it grown since you first found it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline snunn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 01:57:41 PM »
 :( yeah, I really don't want to and the doctors don't even suggest it because it's around 1cm or slightly under I believe. I don't think it's grown, it's actually felt like it's gone down a little but then comes back up to the same size. How big is yours and does the doctor think you need one? It's just hard to think that I have to get extensive tests like a biopsy, which could be totally unnecessary just to make me feel better :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Joey8924

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 02:05:57 PM »
Mine is 1cm too. I had a ct scan already and that's the reason they suggested the biopsy even tho it's small. But the good news my doctor keeps telling me is that it hasn't grown. And in your case the fact you say it goes up and down in size is a good sign. Cancer doesn't go up and down, it continues to grow. Sometimes mine feels less flat then other times as well. But the fear of the unknown can get to you. It's starting to get to me which is why I personally want the biopsy so that if it's nothing I can finally stop worrying and if it is unfortunately something then I can begin to take care of it 
Bookmark and Share

Offline snunn

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 02:36:38 PM »
Yeah that's exactly how I feel. A part of me just wants to fight the need to get this reassurance that won't last and the other part of me needs it to feel better if even for a day. It's a constant HA cycle that I am just so exhausted with. :(
Bookmark and Share