Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Sudden pain on right side...  (Read 85 times)

Online Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Sudden pain on right side...
« on: May 08, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »
Ugh, until yesterday afternoon I was having a streak of several good days!  :traurig001:

OK, a few days ago I noticed a tender spot on my abdomen on the right side, kind of in between my belly button & my side, but a little lower. I wasn't worried because I seem to remember one of my kids landing on me or something in that area. (Nothing unusual!) But then yesterday afternoon I was doing some light cleaning & felt a sharp pain on my lower right side. I can't say if it was on my side or more in the front, but it was around my hip area. It happened a few times, so I sat down to rest & it happened a few more times. I started worrying about it being my appendix, so I called the doctor's office & eventually spoke with a nurse. Of course by this time the pain hadn't happened again & I had no other symptoms of appendicitis. (I know everyone says you'll KNOW if it's your appendix, but I'm also the woman who didn't know her contractions were starting with her first baby, lol!) The nurse seemed somewhat concerned, but basically said to monitor it & if it got worse to go to the ER.

So I haven't had the sharp pain again since, but it's very tender to the touch on that spot on my abdomen & my side. I'm thinking that it could be especially tender since I spent so much time feeling those areas yesterday when I was trying to find the areas to describe to the nurse. (I've experienced this sort of thing before -- being sore, even bruising, after pushing/massaging an area too much.)

Another thing is that I have a pinched sciatic nerve on my right side. I thought maybe I bent or twisted the wrong way & aggravated it? I did feel some lower back pain, mostly on the right side, when I was experiencing the sharp pain. Is it possible that maybe what I felt was pain shooting from the pinched nerve? Like I said, I couldn't exactly pinpoint where it was coming from, only that it was on my lower right side. Anyone else ever experience anything like this?
Bookmark and Share

Online Lunatone

• Rec's: 16
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden pain on right side...
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:21:13 PM »
It could be anything from something completely benign to something dangerous. Just like most pain.  Really though, its highly likely that its just from something simple. If you hurt your lower back, you could've easily hurt your side too, in a small area. The lower part of your sides have muscles that overlap with your lower back more than other places in your torso.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Grays_Anatomy_image392.png

So I wouldnt worry about it. Stop pressing on it though, that'll make it worse no matter what it is.
Bookmark and Share

Online Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Sudden pain on right side...
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 09:35:22 PM »
So I checked in with the nurse again this afternoon & I could tell in his tone that he was somewhat worried. I'm still just sore in those spots, no new symptoms, but I think he wanted me to be checked out just in case something is going on. So I'm going to try to get an appointment tomorrow before the weekend. I'm worried, but at the same time not that worried, if that makes any sense. I think it's something simple, like I mentioned earlier, but my mind can't help but wonder what else it could be. I keep pushing those thoughts out, though, because I don't have anything else going on that would cause concern. So hopefully it's nothing. We'll see...
Bookmark and Share

Tags: