Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Constant Fear of Dying  (Read 269 times)

Offline Radiant_Nebula

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Constant Fear of Dying
« on: May 07, 2014, 04:33:59 PM »
Hi everyone,
     Its been a while since I have been here. I thought my anxiety resolved itself but for the past month the only thing I can focus on is having a pulmonary embolism. It started when I noticed my calf felt kind of funny. It wasn't pain really, just an odd feeling. It felt maybe a tiny bit tighter than the other. This lasted for a month and then went away a couple days ago. It didn't get in the way of my life; I could still walk, run, go up stairs, lift heavy things, etc. I would notice it when I would sit down and from what I've read, if it is a blood clot it gets worse with walking. The feeling was also so mild that I didn't know if it was just me focusing on it or if it was actually a symptom.
    So today I started experiencing a weird tightness sensation in my chest and a bit of a tingly feeling. I can still; walk, run, etc. and I don't seem to get any more shortness of breath than I usually do (While exercising). This feeling comes and goes. I've had these chest symptoms before with anxiety and I am really sick of paying doctors just to have them tell me its anxiety.
    Logically I tell myself that the chances are so, so low. I am a 23 year old female who is in good health and who isn't nearly overweight. I am on birth control (Lo-Ovral) and I have been unemployed for a bit less than a year so my life has also been fairly sedentary (I have found a job now, so hopefully that will help!). Despite my sedentary lifestyle I do try to get up and walk around every 1-2 hours and I go for walks/jogs for 30-45 minutes every day.
    I went to the ER with this exact same feeling (plus shortness of breath) back in November. They checked me for everything under the sun including Pulmonary Embolisms. My blood work came back fine and they chalked it up to the fact that I was pretty dehydrated and anxiety.

If you have made it through this you are a saint. Some how just typing this out made me feel a bit more calm. Does anyone else deal with this constant fear of death? It is so debilitating. I feel like I can just drop dead at any moment and it is absolutely horrifying. Do any of you deal with similar issues? I am going on vacation in two days out of the country so I would really love to be able to calm down before then!
Bookmark and Share

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Constant Fear of Dying
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 04:49:08 PM »
i do to im 18 and constantly worry about it ur not alone one thing helped me was go to hospital and go to terminally ill paintents are and look at them and notice how they dont worry it might sound extreme but try stay there for as long as you can helped me out alot and also realise there is no pain in death only in life
Bookmark and Share

Offline Brittney.kerby0510

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 08:00:38 PM »
Death is my biggest fear. Even knowing death is inevitable, it still scared the crap outta me! When I get a pain, it's all I can think about. A pain in my chest suddenly means heart attack, pulmonary embolism, heart disease, and those thoughts will be with me for at least 2-4 days. This happens like I said with every single pain I get! I have not been rest assured I'm ok until I've been checked out by a doctor or emergency room. I'm sorry I don't have any helpful tips for you, because I have yet to find anything that works for me, just know your not alone! Best wishes!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sleepingbear

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 08:06:29 PM »
That is my big hurdle as a fear.   And my life is so impacted by this fear that I feel I'm missing out on living.  But I don't know what to do.  I go to counseling.  I take meds.  I'm 52 now, but have been fearful like this (death) since my 20s.  My advice is to do everything in your power to change this pattern of thinking while you are young so it doesn't ruin your whole life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline MLB2805

• Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 08:14:41 PM »
I'm like this as well :(
It's exhausting
Bookmark and Share
You don't have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.

Offline msgb98

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 08:41:00 PM »
This is my fear as well.
I have had a serious health issue in the past and so I have that to go on.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: