Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Food in lung?  (Read 100 times)

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Food in lung?
« on: May 07, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
I have a bad head cold and was drinking some broth from Won Ton Soup. A small sliver of the noodle was in the broth and it went down without me noticing it. Now I'm worried that it went into my lung or airways BUT I'm not choking.  I made myself cough several times but nothing came out and I've burped a couple of times.

I worry about the most stupid stuff.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Food in lung?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:32:23 PM »
No WAY did that go into your lung!   You know how when you accidentally get some water going down the wrong way how you choke to the point you feel like you will puke?   Well it would be like that.   Your lungs would continue to try to expel that foreign object until you were blue in the face and almost puking.  You wouldn't be able to control the coughing until it was expelled.   That noodle slid down your esophagus and is safely in your stomach (well, by now it's in the small intestine making it's way downward  :happy0151:)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 08:49:28 AM »
Thanks so much.  I know you're right.  It blows my mind how I worry about the most stupid stuff.

A doctor once told me 'if you hear hoof beats, think horses, not Zebras!'  I always think Zebras.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Stressed
    Stressed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 08:51:31 AM »
Thanks so much.  I know you're right.  It blows my mind how I worry about the most stupid stuff.

A doctor once told me 'if you hear hoof beats, think horses, not Zebras!'  I always think Zebras.

My mom says that too, but just lately she told me that I don't even think Zebras, I think UNICORNS!  (too true...)
Bookmark and Share

Offline AOKAY

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
I had the flu a few weeks ago and was coughing a lot.  I took a cough drop to try to stifle one of my coughing fits.  During one of my inhales to regain my breath, I could feel the cough drop get sucked into what I was sure was my windpipe.  Of course, I panicked (which, incidentally, stopped my coughing fit) and started to Google "cough drops in the lungs".  Common sense tells you that if the cough drop went down the windpipe you'd be coughing up your lung trying to expel it.  But, oddly enough, on Google there were stories about people who did not know they had inhaled peanuts and had to have them surgically removed.  One guy apparently had a tree growing in his lungs when he inhaled a seed.  Stuff like that makes you realize that Google can be like the old National Inquirer with their two-headed aliens.  I prefer to go with common sense.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: