Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Scab in nose that wont heal  (Read 361 times)

Offline Jake15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Scab in nose that wont heal
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
Ive had this scab in my left nostril for about 13 years. Some times it bleeds. In the past It never worried me, so just ignored it. But just this past week I decided to put some Neosporin on it to see what would happen. I put it on three times a day for one week (the max you are supposed to). The scab went away during the week I was using Neosporin but returned just a couple of days after I stopped using it. I woke up this morning and when I blew my nose it started bleeding. Im thinking its time to go see a doctor. Has anyone else had an experience like mine?
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Scab in nose that wont heal
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 05:35:57 PM »
I have this precisely but it's in my right nostril. Not sure how long. It definitely years. So annoying. I have been to ENT about other things and nothing was said about it. I've done same with antibiotic ointment ... Goes away and comes back. I don't know what it is but if it was going to do any real harm, I figure it would have by now!  Occasionally I get worried about it, but nothing has ever come of it so I've let it go...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jake15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:36:49 PM »
Thanks for the reply. Im with you... Ive had it for so long that I have a hard time believing it is anything serious. Although the thought of it being serious or turning into something serious has crossed my mind a time or two. I was just real happy that it went away after the Neosporin then a bit bummed that it came back within two days of stopping the Neosporin. If anyone else has had any experience with this I would love to hear from you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:40:45 PM »
Maybe try using the neosporin for several days after it is totally cleared up.  I know that some things you have to do that with to prevent it from returning.  Just try it, see what happens.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Jake15

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:54:56 PM »
Ive thought of that too. Just like when the doctor prescribes antibiotics they always tell you to keep taking them for a while even after the infection clears up. I guess I stopped after seven days because it says on the tube not to take it any longer than seven days. But maybe if I took it for 10-14 days it wouldn't return. Or maybe Ill just go to the doctors and they will prescribe me with a more powerful antibiotic.
Bookmark and Share

Offline InTheMoment

• Rec's: 2
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 07:59:05 AM »
I have the exact same thing -- someone once told me it was minor staph infection.  Mine also comes and goes, and clears up with neosporin.  I've had it for many years
Bookmark and Share

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 11:05:28 AM »
I'm somewhat comforted that there are other people with this problem! I get one in my left nostril, as well. Mine might be a little higher up than some of you are describing & honestly, I've never felt the need to root around in there to find the exact location (if I even could). Sometimes when it's bothering me (the outside of my nose will become sore to the touch), I use a tissue to clean it out, blow my nose, etc. Then it's fine for a while. There is usually a tiny bit of dried blood. This has been going on for at least a year or more. I've always shrugged it off & figured it was allergy related. Some days, like today, it doesn't feel like it's there. Very weird!!!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: