Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: i need advice?  (Read 124 times)

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
i need advice?
« on: May 07, 2014, 02:03:25 PM »
hi my dad had anxeity when he was 14 like me and he said it just dissapered when he was 17 but im 18 and mine havent gone ive been to cbt took ssri for about 2 weeks because have side effects on propranolol slows heart down but still get anxeity symptoms ive had all tests done and also i get cold sweats like ill have goosebumps and armpits sweats and hands and feet is this anxeity because doctors said im fine? can anxeity cause this :(
please does anyone have any advice i feel like im dieing 24/7 with loads off symptoms

clammy hands and feet cold hands
feel cold
cold sweats
sweating all day from armpits head hands feet
nausia

is this anxiety because doctor says im fine and bp is healthy its 110 ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: i need advice?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 02:19:54 PM »
Yeah anxiety can cause those symptoms.  I sweat a lot from my forehead, not so much my armpit.  I get hot/cold feelings, all kinds of stomach problems.  Your doctor checked you out and said you're fine, so take his word for it.  I also suggest seeing a therapist.  You're young and seeing someone now may help you avoid the bad anxiety habits of a person who's had it for decades.
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:21:45 PM »
Unfortunately yes anxiety can do all those things.  It can cause very real physical symptoms.  Most of us have trouble believing that anxiety can be that powerful and cause so many sensations, but it truly can.  If your doctors say that you are ok, you need to learn to trust them.  You will find some relief if you trust your doctors and accept that the symptoms you have are only anxiety and can't truly hurt you.

Also I would say that you are holding yourself to unrealistic expectations if you think your anxiety should just disappear at a certain age like your fathers' did.  Seems like an awful lot of pressure to put on yourself. Remember that everyone and their experiences are different and we can not expect the same results someone else has.  We are all unique as is our journey with anxiety.   
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 02:33:20 PM »
thank you its so reasurring its horrible i get super cold the doctor was like wow ur cold and i was sweating really bad its so horrible i want to be normal again witch leads to me feeling depressed but depression is nothing to anxeity in my opionion my nan and family keep my strong my mums a doctor and is allways saying ur not ill i look pall and feel faint and sick and stomach pains but im not ill and sometimes i cant get it in my head that its anxeity causing this i does go if i can calm down but thats diffucult i dont wana be 50 years old and still be like this its hell   
feel like ive got a serious dieases or something all the time
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »
Anxiety happens in loops.  Meaning something triggers your anxiety (say feeling cold) - then your heart begins to pump faster - your body reacts and begins to perspire -  as the worrying increases you take short shallow breaths- this drops you C02 and causes you to feel faint.... all of this increases your anxiety and the symptoms keep looping. 
Bookmark and Share

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 02:50:22 PM »
i dont think i have problems with breathing accept sometimes im struggling for air like im not breathing in enough but ive had air checcked 100% air and lungs check nothing chest ect i could be fine then all off a sudden i get cold and or really hot like flushed face feel unreal and boom panic mode on lol and also is it possible to have a panic attack all day because ive had some that last for atleast 4 days untill all the energy or adrenaline has gone and or start to think or whats point in worry after so long and go to sleep lol ive lost alot of weight from anxeity too makes me not think about food or if i eat i can throw it up if im panicky
Bookmark and Share

Tags: