Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Why can't i believe what im told?  (Read 165 times)

Offline cariad1

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Why can't i believe what im told?
« on: May 07, 2014, 01:25:28 PM »
Last month i had a FBC taken and was returned all fine apart from a slightly raised ESR marker of 31 and told nothing much to worry about just repeat in 4 weeks time.

Fast forward to yesterday when i called to get my second lot of blood tests and told by the receptionist that i need to book a routine appointment with the DR at this point i was thinking all sorts! I asked why and she said my ESR was still slightly raised but at 25 this time. The earliest they could see me was Monday Morning! 

She must have heard that i got myself into a state because after booking me the appointment i had a DR on the phone and she said that a rate of 25 was only very mildly raised still and she wasn't concerned, she said i did not need to come in for my appointment with the DR or have another blood test done if i didn't want one, i asked her if i needed one and she said no she didn't think it was necessary.

So why can i not be happy with this? why am i still getting myself all up the wall and looking on google ( i know this is the worst thing i can possibly do ) as it talks about auto immune disorders and that dreaded big C
I can't even bring myself to cancel the appointment either, i feel so pathetic and im sure my husband is getting to the end of his tether with me :(

xx
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 40
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Why can't i believe what im told?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 04:55:19 AM »
If it's so minor an elevation that they don't want to test again or see you, there's no chance in their mind that anything sinister is going on.  And they do this for a living; they know when things are wrong or just a little different. 

But yeah it can be really hard to believe and accept that.  Usually I just try to shove it out of my mind and eventually the worry fades, but there's probably a better coping way out there.  I hope some other posters have ideas!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: