Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety/Derealization/OCD  (Read 157 times)

Offline Addidon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety/Derealization/OCD
« on: May 07, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »
I've had anxiety for a long time, but it probably started when I had my first Derealization experience. I was 11-12 handing out paper in class and started feeling strange. When I say down I had to ask a friend if I had really handed out the papers. I thought it was kinda cool at the time. It happened a few more times and started getting scary when it would happen at football games around lots of people. A week before a trip to Disney world it hit me hard and lasted for a while. I went to a doctor who diagnosed me with syncope. I got better and weren't on the trip with only one spell of derealization. I came back home and it hit me again, I wouldn't leave my bed and eventually didn't go to school and got on homebound with my syncope diagnosis. I went back to school a year later but the Derealization was ways in the back of my mind. My last semester of school was hell, I spent most of my time in the nurses office crying because I was so anxious and on weekends I would shut myself in. I graduated and it took me three moths to return outside and to a doctor. I was doing well even though the anxiety and Derealization was still there.
Last week I didn't go outside for a few days which isn't unusual for me. Someone took me out to get food and I freaked out when I reached the car, but I calmed down and went anyway. My mother took me out driving later and again I freaked out but couldn't calm myself and had to go home. Since then my anxiety has been so high and I can only calm myself down for a minute or so. I'm home alone just freaking out about anything and everything and I'm just so upset. I feel like nothing is real and I'm do disconnected from everyone. I watch my family being happy and I want to be happy with them. I imagined graduating as leaving thy awful life behind, but it's just become worse. Looking outside makes me want to throw up or cry or both.
I don't take medicine and I can't go get medicine because I can't leave, I'm so afraid and I'm not even sure what I'm afraid of. Thing not being real is the number one.
My only solace is sleep and that's hard to come by. I need help and of you have any advice please, please tell me.
Thank you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rob783

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety/Derealization/OCD
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 03:40:05 PM »
Try not to avoid things that cause anxiety.  I know it causes you to freak out but avoiding things just makes the problem worse in the long run.  See a therapist, if you don't have access to one order some books from Amazon on anxiety.  See your primary doctor about starting an SSRI and having a benzo as a backup plan.  Try not to worry about derealization, I get it from time to time.  Its temporary, and doesn't effect you medically.   
Bookmark and Share

Offline Addidon

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety/Derealization/OCD
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 04:21:37 PM »
I've worried about it for years, it's my nature. I need to convince myself things are real, but I don't know how.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: