Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Frequent Colds!  (Read 92 times)

Offline Venomsoar

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Frequent Colds!
« on: May 07, 2014, 10:46:06 AM »
I just wanted to know if anyone else suffers from frequent colds. And when I say frequent, I mean like once a month. Because I keep getting repeated colds mainly affecting my nose and throat. They are mild and usually go after a few days. I am getting slightly anxious about it because my head is telling me that my immune system is suppressed and therefore it could lead to a serious infection.

I know this is ridiculous and I will end up getting into a vicious cycle. But that's what makes it even worse. I worry that I will worry. And I worry that my worry will lead to a vicious cycle of worrying about worrying.

At the moment, I keep telling myself "think of all of those who are suffering from severe depression who may also get repeated colds" and this really helps. So if anyone can relate (and please don't lie just to give me reassurance) then this would really help me deal with them.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
Re: Frequent Colds!
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2014, 06:34:12 PM »
Are you sure it's not some kind of allergic reaction to something?  Colds don't last just a few days, but some kind of nasal irritation would.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 06:38:43 PM »
I'm not sure but it's not just my nasal it also affects my throat each time. My nose usually gets better after 3 days while my sore throat usually lasts about a week.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Sunlover

• Rec's: 16
  • Mood: Relaxed
    Relaxed
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 06:48:22 PM »
What KIND of sore throat?  There are 3 kinds
1.  One that feels like you are swallowing lit matches, that horrible BURN...
2.  One that feels scratchy, like light sandpaper
3.  One that feels like your throat has a bruise in it.

IF it's #2, I was getting one like that that would last about 4 days then go away, then come back in about a week and last 10 days, go away for a few weeks, come back, go away... FINALLY I remembered that I didn't have our duct work professionally cleaned in years...  I had them come, they cleaned out all the duct work in the house and the throat problem never came back.  Another time it was happening I remembered I didn't clean the furnace filter in 6 months!  (Supposed to be done once a month) - yours may be worse because it's affecting your nose too, and of course if doesn't have to be your furnace filter, but I mean it sounds allergy related.  How do you feel physically with it?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Venomsoar

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 07:12:09 PM »
I've had both the scratchy type and the one that feels bruised. My heart rate usually increases along with my temperature and I feel I need more air. But this only lasts for the first day. It is worse at nights and mornings.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: