Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feels like cell phone is vibrating in pocket but no cell phone  (Read 239 times)

Offline yahoo2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
These past few days I've walked more than I ever walked in years. Today I noticed, that it feels like cell phone is vibrating in pocket but no cell phone, it's on right side of leg.

I looked online and it could be simple muscle spasm from overexertion that im not used to, spinal cord issues,  “phantom vibration syndrome” and yes MS!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feels like cell phone is vibrating in pocket but no cell phone
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 11:57:25 PM »
It's so funny that everyone here seems to get this, because I used to get it all the time too!  And thought it was just a weird thing that was unique to me.  Turns out I'm not special ;)  And you don't have MS unless like everyone on this forum does.  I don't know what causes it, but given what we all have in common here, I think anxiety might be a safe bet ;)  Maybe a nerve twinge from muscle tension or some kind of benign twitch? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 03:10:18 AM »
i've had this... i also did have MS scare but i had an MRI done and nothing was there. i am still not 100% convinced that this is merely anxiety and i don't know why. maybe because i expect myself to be 100% ok so that i can say that this is just anxiety but when i read similar stories and symptoms i feel like maybe it really is just HA.
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2014, 07:30:40 AM »
Several times I have read articles or "checklists" about signs that you are addicted to your smartphone.... Feeling imaginary phone vibration is almost always in the list. And yes, it's happened to me. And.... Yes, I'm probably addicted to my phone.  Anyway, if it's in those kinds of articles then I don't think it's anything to worry about!!
Bookmark and Share

Online famv5

• Mood: Content
    Content
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 10:31:54 AM »
I have had a similar sensation happen to me but in my upper stomach area.  It felt like bees buzzing inside or a cell phone vibrating.  I never found out what caused it.  My doctor thought it might be trapped gas.  Definitely an odd sensation.
Bookmark and Share
"Our anxiety does not empty tomorrow of its sorrows, but only empties today of its strengths" - Charles H. Spurgeon

Offline Nelly22

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 12:08:58 PM »
Recently I had this happen for a couple of months, but mine happened on my inner thigh. It's gone now, and with all the weird sensations I've had go on with my body, I'm not too worried about this one. I was thinking it might be a small muscle spasming or even a vitamin deficiency.
Bookmark and Share

Offline yahoo2000

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 01:33:13 PM »
Stupid me I went last night to ER, they did a ultrasound on leg,something called doppler ultrasound to check for blood clots and other things. Of course it was negative. Wasted 4 hours for nada.

After resting my legs from all the walking, it's not there anymore. I spend 8-12 hours a day sitting at my desk with no physical activity, so common sense tells me (and ER doc said) most likely muscle spasm from overexertion.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: