Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: What I believe will be my last post concerning *** fear. *Possible trigger*.  (Read 1102 times)

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
What causes Valium to open contorted limbs?

Curious.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
I think you just accidentally solved why I was having/have cramping, Shawn. Mine was consistent with hyperventilation when it was really bad.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Rec's: 38
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A couple more notes...BFS progression.  I have yet to find one neurologist say they have seen BFS progress to ***.  Not one.  There are some very rare case studies of people who twitched shortly before disease progression.  But, keep in mind these cases are few, and you are talking about a super rare presentation of a rare disease.  What are we talking about here like 1 in 1,000,000?  I have heard of BFS progressing to something called neuromyotonia...which is a more severe form of peripheral nerve hyperexcitability.  But, this is also extremely rare...and it's not ***.  Most people live long happy lives with that disorder.

Also, if I were to do curls with dumbells I can guarantee I can lift more with my right arm.  Is that weakness of the left?  The body has natural asymmetries in strength, motion, size of limbs, dimples, dents etc.  It's just now we are drawing attention to them and attaching meaning...of course bad meaning because that is what good HA'rs do.  Guys you can't trust your skewed observations.  A neurologist knows what to look for...you don't.  You have zero idea of what is significant and what isn't significant.  Why would you trust your anxiety filled observations over a trained neurologist who spent 12 years in training?
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Want to know how to address your anxiety?
http://www.anxietyzone.com/index.php/topic,93402.msg521266.html#msg521266

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
What causes Valium to open contorted limbs?

Curious.

It's a muscle relaxant and serves to "reset" the nervous system.
Bookmark and Share
My insight, thoughts, experiences or advice that may be posted in this forum are not meant as a substitution for the advice of your physician.

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I think you just accidentally solved why I was having/have cramping, Shawn. Mine was consistent with hyperventilation when it was really bad.

I think that's where most of our cramping comes from...this chronic state of hyperventilation.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
There are some very rare case studies of people who twitched shortly before disease progression. 

I'd trust since I saw a neurologist two days after twitching began and had an EMG I'm probably still in the clear.
Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
There are some very rare case studies of people who twitched shortly before disease progression. 

I'd trust since I saw a neurologist 2 days after it began and had an EMG I'm probably still in the clear.

You are good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
You're a good guy, dude. You need a medal. Someone get this guy a medal.

Bookmark and Share

Offline ShawnW

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
You're a good guy, dude. You need a medal. Someone get this guy a medal.

No medal needed.  It helps me to get out of my own head when I help others.  And I have battled this beast you are battling and it's a bad one.  Glad to be of help.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Shawn, if I self induce cramping in my big toes (stretch only the big toe so it goes below the rest of the toes) they take like 5 seconds to slowly re align back with the other toes unless I forcefully make them. What's up with that? Freaky. They sort of click back into their right spot slowly and surely.
Bookmark and Share

Tags:

anything